THREE

"i don't know how to use chopsticks!"

y/n was flustered. really flustered. the way that boy looked at her! his eyes, his face, his hair.. his everything made y/n go red.

she couldn't concentrate. she kept delivering wrong orders and received complaints from the guests.

glancing at the boy every now and then, she feels her cheeks flush every time she does.

as the last bunch guests began to ask for the bill one by one, y/n got busy and stopped glancing at the boy. giving the guests the bills and cleaning up their tables were able to distract y/n for a while.

as the last guests left, y/n could finally work at a slower pace. after she tidied up the tables and sorted the newly washed utensils, she could finally rest.

or so she thought.

the boy was still there. y/n was staring again. she could finally make out what was on his hair. the boy with orange hair, with the red mask of fatui. he was trying to hold the chopsticks, clumsily failing and pouting. he doesn't know how to use chopsticks! it was cute. very cute. he was clearly getting frustrated and started to give up. putting down his chopsticks down, he crossed his arms.

he's being angry at chopsticks?

y/n had to stop herself from giggling. she grabbed a spoon and a fork from the drawer and walked over to the boy.

"here. i think you needed these. also, would you like me to reheat your food?"

the boy looked at y/n with those seducing eyes.

"yes please, and thank you."

his voice, smooth as silk and soft as a honey bee's flutter. listening to him speak might as well equal to listening to an angel's melody. he speaks with a light staccato, making y/n's heart skip a beat.

taking the food to reheat, y/n felt her heartbeat rate skyrocket. damn. she's going to experience a heart attack at this rate.

after reheating the food, y/n put them on the table. the boy, holding a fork, immediately reached for a shrimp dumpling. poor boy, he must've been so hungry. 

"h-hey! it's still hot!" 

the boy paid no attention to y/n's remark. he opened wide and fitted the whole dumpling into his mouth. he seemed perfectly fine, but when he chewed the dumpling, the dumpling released it's heat. taken by surprise, he opened his mouth to let out the hot air. 

"it's saw haawt. but yummay." 

y/n bursted out in laughter. he should've just listened to her, or this wouldn't have happened. 

the boy finished chewing his dumpling.

"have you eaten lunch?"

did y/n hear wrong? a handsome boy, asking about her? she must be dreaming.

"oh uh, l-lunch? no, not y-yet." 

"then let's eat together! i'm planning to order one of each from the menu."

huh? y/n definitely wasn't expecting this!

"sit here."

this is real. 

"n-no i can't! i'm a waiter!"

"it's a waiter's job to fulfill your guest's requests. you don't have any other guests right now anyways. sit!"

"n-no! i really can't!"

y/n was just using her job as an excuse. her true reason of not accepting the offer is because she's afraid her body would give her away. she could feel her face already being slightly flushed right now. 

"i said sit! don't you know who i really am?"

the boy switched from his innocent self to a menacing self. y/n gave no response.

"i am tartaglia, the eleventh harbinger of the fatui!" 

so this is him. y/n froze, unable to utter a word. this boy, as dreamy as he could be, is actually a harbinger? she really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. 

author's note:

hi omg this is the third chapter of the day :D! i still have motivation to make chapter 4 but i can't coz homework rip

hope you enjoy these for now :DD