NINE

"i also, have something for you."

y/n pushed the wooden box containing the pin inside her pouch. she woke up in a hurry; she had spent the entire night thinking.

oh, must i not give too much thought on this!

y/n was bound to overthink. whether it was the lightest of things, or a waterfall of events, she would overthink it all. there was no such thing as "letting it be" in her dictionary. it was always, and will forever be, linked in a thread of messy thoughts.

getting ready in a limited time was a challenge for her, especially if he is visiting today.

she was convinced she didn't have a thing for the ginger-haired cutie.

she ran the wooden comb through her silky hair. checking the mirror one last time, she adjusted her clothing and set off for the day.

hurry, hurry! she's late for work. scurrying along the busy streets of liyue, she headed for the blacksmith.

the restaurant is another way, of course. but she had to pick up something important. something tailor-made for someone.

"hanfeng's ironmongers, here to serve."

she hears the familiar voice of master zhang. panting, she made her way to the counter.

"master zhang, it's me. y/n."

she spluttered between pants.

"oh, it's you. your order from last time is ready. are you here to collect it, or to place a new order?"

"i'm collecting my order. it's ready, right?"

master zhang wasted no time. he swiftly grabbed the wooden box wrapped with silk from his working bench and handed it to y/n.

"a rare one, this order is. take good care of it, miss y/n."

y/n nodded. she thanked master zhang after paying and left in a hurry. as fast as her legs could take her, she ran her way back to wanmin restaurant.

the silk wrapped box rested on her pouch awkwardly. the silky fabric reflected the sunshine, casting small puddles of rainbows to the floor. y/n left it to sit, and started her shift.

tiring as always, it was.

she began to lose thought of the harbinger as she worked restlessly, making up for her previous slacking.

"y/n?"

a familiar voice of innocence, and a certain blur of blue and yellow reminded y/n of her best friend.

"xiangling?"

the always-giddy young woman grinned a toothy grin at her. her dark blue hair was perfectly styled into petite braids, not a hair out of place. her amber eyes were sparkling liveliness. her smile was as wide as the galaxy, a smile that y/n dearly missed over the months.

"you bet it!"

it was really xiangling, in the flesh.

"xiangling-?! you're.. you're really here!"

"huh? of course i am, silly!"

gosh, how y/n had missed her. and here she is, right before y/n's eyes. 

over the past few months, xiangling was away on a journey to gather new ingredients and recipes for the restaurant. all over liyue, mondstadt, or even lands beyond. where exactly did she visit, or which route she took, everything was theirs to talk the world about. 

to their dismay, time was not in their favour. the orders of their clients were piling up as they stalled meaninglessly. 

just then, a boy of ginger hair, nervous eyes of navy, his fingers fidgeting in a rhythmed action, walked in.  

author's note:

lol i may or may not forgot a small part of the plot 

so i'm gonna work on other books while i *try* to remember :thumbsup: