V - The Letter

Minor manga spoilers in this chapter. I'll put a warning so you can skip.

Eren watched from his window as Yi struggled to fight Mr. Hansen. It was dark in the room, everyone was asleep, except for Eren. For the devil never sleeps. Yi kicked Mr. Hansen repeatedly but he never gave up. The spinal fluid he gave the old man seemed to have some extra benefits to it.

Eren didn't know what he was expecting Yi to do, Mr. Hansen was just an experiment and she was unfortunately a part of it. Eren hadn't intended for her to be attacked but she just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He didn't feel guilty. Why would he? After all, they were the ones who sent titans to massacre his people for thousands of years.

You aren't guilty of your ancestors' crimes and I believe that years of internment has already paid off.

If the devils weren't responsible for their ancestors' wrongs, then why would she be? Eren shook his head, freeing himself of his conscience. It was something that had died in him long ago. When he first saw the sea. His lifelong goal with his best friend was to see the sea. Once he smelled the fresh air and tasted the salty water, he knew that the only way for the future generations to enjoy such a luxury was to ensure that they had a future. He was doing it for Mikasa, for Armin, Sasha, Connie, Historia, hell, even Jean.

He wasn't expecting Yi to suddenly begin crushing Mr. Hansen's skull onto the ground. Eren's eyes widened slightly and his mouth opened. It was so uncharacteristic of her. She was a kind woman who would never hurt a fly. But there she was, brutally killing Mr. Hansen. There must've been something wrong with her, it was either that or she was a really good actress. But no one, not even the best actor in the world could have such a duality.

After ten minutes it seemed like whatever bloodlust Yi triggered was now gone. Eren watched as she covered her mouth in horror at the gruesome sight before her. She quickly disposed of the body and cleaned the mess.

So you're not that good girl after all. Eren said to himself. He would have to study more on Yi to see who she really was and how he could use her.

===

When Yi came into work she was extremely tense and Eren knew why. She tried her best to act normal but he could see through it all. She might as well have carried a big sign that said, I killed a man last night!

She fixed his bandages and wrapped them a little too tight but he didn't mention it.

"Your leg is getting better, a few more days and we can remove the stitches." she said with her voice as steady as possible.

"Yi, what did you do last night?" Eren asked, feigning innocence.

She looked up at him with wide eyes before calming down, "I went home and took a bath."

To clean the blood? "Was it nice?"

She sighed shakily, "Yes, yes it was nice." Yi took him back to his bed and left him there. Eren found a pen and paper and began to write.

Slight manga spoilers

He wrote his letter to his friends informing them of Marley. I am going to attack the people and find the last titan shifter. Reiner is still the current Armoured Titan. Ymir was eaten and the Jaws Titan now belongs to an Eldian named Porco Galliard. Historia wasn't going to be happy with the news of Ymir's death but he figured that she would move on quickly. She was already pregnant now.

How was Mikasa doing? Was she okay without him? What of the Azumabitos? Was she going to leave him for Hizuru after the Rumbling? Or would they try to stop him. No one could convince him, the Rumbling was the only way to ensure a future for all of his friends.

And Zeke, he was unaware that he was only a pawn in Eren's little game. He needed a titan of royal blood to use the Founding Titan's powers and control the Colossal Titans of the walls to destroy Marley.

End of spoilers

Eren sealed the letter and hopped to the gate of the interment zone. As expected, he was stopped when he tried to leave.

"What do you think you're doing Eldian." the guard said distastefully, almost as if he dirtied his mouth by saying that word.

Eren held up the letter, "I need to deliver a letter."

The guard laughed, "The only way you can send mail is by delivering it to the post office outside of the zone."

"Oh." Eren said and turned back.

"These Eldian scum know nothing! Where did he even grow up?" the guard whispered to his partner.

Eren was seething but knew that in a few months, the guards would be dead. He made his way back to the hospital when he was knocked down. The boy who knocked him down stopped and helped him up. "Mr. Kruger! I'm so sorry! I don't know if you remember me but I'm Falco, we met a few weeks ago at the hospital."

Falco helped Eren up and dusted his clothes, "I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention! I'm just in a rush!"

Eren suddenly got an idea, the warrior candidates were allowed outside of the interment zone. "It's okay. When you have the time, can you deliver this to the post office outside of the internment zone?" He held up the letter.

Falco accepted the letter and nodded, "Of course sir! Please say hi to Yi for me please!" and with that, the boy ran off.

A bit of a shorter chapter. I usually try to make my chapters 1000+ words and this one only had around 950 but let me know what you thought of this chapter! 

How is your day going?