#03

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

You let Namjoon chose the place you eat at, simply leaving the decision up to him. You're fine with whatever as long as you satisfy your hungry stomach. He choses a place right across the street from your building, various food on the menu so the both of you are pleased. Ordering some pasta with cheese and chicken breasts, something which a lovely waitress recommended to you, you simply wait for the food. Namjoon orders something similar and soon enough you both stuff your mouth with delicious food.

"I told Jin that you've slept at my place." Namjoon speaks out as he grabs the napkin and wipes the corner of his mouth. He reaches for the glass of water and looks up from the glass at you.

Stopping your movements for a second you give him a glance before taking a bite from your food again. "Ah, really?"

Actually, Jin texted you on Saturday asking you if you got home safely - which you did. You just left out the fact you slept over Namjoon's and came home on Saturday. You'd tell him, of course. You just didn't want to tell him over the text and he wasn't even asking anything more other than if you got home safely. You already knew, you'd have to tell it to Jin since if he found out without you telling him, he'd think something happened between you two and that you lied. That's the least thing you need in your life. But it still makes you feel slightly annoyed over the fact you both have the need to tell him. What is he your? Dad? He doesn't need to know every single thing in your life and it annoys you because you know he'd freak out once he'd find out both of you haven't told him. But Namjoon did. Which makes it easier for you, so you don't have to be the one to tell him.

"Hope you're not mad. He called me on Saturday after I dropped you home and asked me if you got home safely, so I just told him you slept at mine's." he shrugs, carefully eyeing your every movement and reaction as you sigh leaning against the stool.

"Why would I be mad? I'd tell him... eventually, but I didn't want to say it through text." you shrug, the feeling of annoyance coming through you again at the fact you're talking about this so seriously. Again, nothing happened. It's kind of ridiculous you even have to talk about this.

"I don't know, I just know how overprotective Jin can get over you." he says looking at you across the table with his warm eyes and you sigh under your breath.

"How did he react?" You have to ask, for yours and Namjoon's sake. Hoping Jin didn't make too much of a scene because of this and poor Namjoon had to experience it all alone.

"Actually, he was pretty fine with it," he answers, lightly chuckling when he sees your shoulders automatically relax. "He knows I wouldn't try anything on you."

It's the sentence he adds what causes you to freeze on your spot, something weird pinching your insides as he says those words to you. You're more than aware Namjoon never looked at you differently other than you're his best friend's – not so – little sister. He never once hit on you and gave reason to Jin worry about leaving the two of you alone. Namjoon is loyal. But you still can't help and feel bitter about it. Is it just because you're Jin's sister or he doesn't find you attractive even a bit? You don't want to admit it but it kind of hurts to know that since you still have this stupid crush on him.