#07

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

There is something about the huge and casual art hanging on the wall in the conference room, despite you've seen it too many times to count, that's making you to look at it again. It's basic and inconspicuous, yet it's eye catching and calming.

The soft colors of blue slowly fading into white, only match to all white interior of the conference room. The only darker colors there are, are the black chairs and fake plant in the corner.

Is it supposed to be a sky? Is it a real painting or a fake one like the plant? The plant surely must be fake. It doesn't grow or anything, it's always just there with no change at all.

Mr. Lee, your boss, has been talking for the past twenty minutes and as much as you probably should listen to every word he says, you can't bring yourself to do it. Not when you're bored and hungry.

So casually and slowly, you drift your eyes elsewhere – to your colleagues. They seem to be very attentive about everything your boss has to say. And you should be as well.

Across the table, you spot Taehyung whose eyes are fixed on your boss, nodding his head every now and then. He looks way more serious than when he is with you, usually joking and not letting you do your job. You notice how sharp his jawline is, which you never really payed too much attention to. His dark hair is slightly longer and you remember him mentioning something about wanting it to grow. It looks good on him.

And when your eyes advert to one and only Kim Namjoon, your breath hitches. His eyes are already set on you, no expression evident on his face so far and you feel like you're in trouble which is nonsense, he can't do anything about your lack of attention. But the way he watches you across the table, the pen in his hands slightly bouncing in his hand, makes you feel like you're in trouble.

But then the corners of his mouth twitches and he opens his plush lips.

'Attention' he mouths to you with the slightest grin and you bite your lips to prevent you from giggling out loud.

"Y/N," As soon as you hear your boss' voice, you straighten yourself acting very invested in whatever he has to say. It's not like your attention has been elsewhere, right?

Everyone's eyes on you isn't helping very much, but you try not to let it show on your face.

"I was talking about you and your position with someone. Someone, who is like my right hand here," he says and looks at everyone in the conference room, but you and some of your colleagues know who he is talking about, when your eyes advert to Namjoon who doesn't pay attention to all the eyes.

Despite of him not saying his name, you know he is talking about him.

"I know you've been doing a lot, these past few months. You had to write and edit at the same time and I apologize for the burden I put on you. So, we decided that you should stick to only one job since someone else will be filling the other one,"