#11

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

Namjoon barely gets this drunk.

He's not aiming for sobriety and can enjoy a few cans of beer if he feels like it. He likes to loosen up from time to time, not just from reading books which slowly became his way of letting his mind relax, but also tasting alcohol just for the mood and taste itself.

But still — there are only a few times when he gets drunk. It's usually one of the nights out where he allows himself to drink more, not caring about a possible hangover the next morning. However, he can't wrap his head around the fact he just got drunk at a Christmas party his boss planned since November. It wouldn't be such a shame, considering almost everyone loosened up more than it's appropriate for this kind of event, and there are far more drunk people in that room than him. But even that doesn't bother him that much like you do.

Fucking hell. If Seokjin ever finds out he kissed you, he's going to kill him. He can't believe he just went with whatever Taehyung planned, he's not stupid and is well observing even with champagne flowing through his body. He could've noticed Taehyung's mischievous grin from miles away and the glare you gave him. Then why the hell did he just go along with it?

If he was sober enough, he'd never do such a thing. It seems like the kiss completely sobered him up, at least that's what he thought when he rushed to his new office and hid himself there.

Ten minutes. Twenty minutes. He's still pacing around the desk, mind deeply in thought as he replays what happened over and over again. Countless scenarios cloud his mind, mainly filled with Seokjin strangling him to death meanwhile his heart is filled with guilt. Guilt because he broke Seokjin's trust and even if it was just an innocent kiss, he knows how much of a big deal it is to his best friend. He can hear him screaming 'so you used her for a kiss?'.

It's stupid, it's all stupid and a huge misunderstanding.

His thoughts are cut off by the door opening, revealing the last person he'd expect to come look for him. You. Even in the darkness that surrounds him, because he purposely hasn't turned on the lights so nobody can find him, he can make out your petite body standing between the door frame. His suspicion proves to be right when your voice resounds in the room.

"Here you are," you grin, clutching the doorknob in your hand before you softly close the door behind you. "Someone said they saw you going here. Are you okay?" you ask, head tilting slightly at the sight of Namjoon's widened eyes.

He looks almost scared to see you here and you wonder if he's that drunk to react verbally, until he opens his mouth and closes it again. For the first time he's the first one to be speechless, staring at you like you've grown two heads.

Sighing, you know the look he gives you. Even if it's for the very first time you get to see him looking at you like this, you recognize the regret and guilt on his usually soft features. "Is this about the kiss?" you let out another sigh, rolling your eyes as you walk towards him.