#14

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

Nobody likes to go to work.

Well, some people for sure don't and understandably, you're being one of them. There were a few times you actually were happy to walk into the old building that smells like paper and old books, ready to digest whatever is prepared for you – even if it means loads of work and most likely staying overtime.

And maybe one of those reasons for you being happy to go to work was someone. To see someone, to be precise.

Someone that currently makes you want to fake sickness, so you wouldn't have to face him. It's ironically funny how things have changed, you think this especially when you're back at work after almost three weeks of winter holiday.

Greetings that you so kindly give back to passing co-workers and people who greet you, go mindlessly while your mind is somewhere else. It's just a matter of time before you have to face him again. The man whose phone calls you've been ignoring until your drunk self (you drowning in your own sadness and heartbreak) has decided to block his phone number.

He got the message apparently and hasn't even showed up on your doorstep, which you were fearing of. Or maybe some part of you wanted him to be there, to fight for you but is that fair? You ignored him and blocked his number but now, things are slightly different. Different in terms of having to face him again, even after your drunk attempt to forget him and cutting him off.

Even worse, he's your boss which already requires you to speak to him on a daily basis. But you told yourself you can do it. You'll be professional, not bringing any of your personal feelings into your workplace. You're an adult, you can do this.

But the closer you're to his office, knowing there's only a little time you've to sit behind your desk and having to face him again, you feel the littlest remains of your breakfast in your stomach to want to get out.

Swallowing the huge lump in your throat, you mind your own business trying to push all the worries and thoughts away.

And it's useless because when the time comes and you step into his office without knocking (because you're petty and hurt), you ignore the fact you told yourself you're going to be professional. Starting from now on.

Namjoon's face comes to the view, eyes looking at you as soon as he hears the door open to see who came to his office, and you feel your stomach drop. There's a bruise decorating his handsome face, one that is a big reminder of the events that have happened. But still, he looks well put, handsome like always and despite you haven't seen him for a week or so, he still looks slightly different. Maybe it's the fact his features drop slightly when he sees you, something painting his face that you don't get to see on his usual handsome and cheerful self.