CHAPTER NINE

chapter nine of mirror's

🔹Chapter Nine- Four Years Later🔹

Katherine was laying in bed, feeling the arms of her husband wrapped around her waist as she heard the toddler start to cry and she groans

Katherine kicks Adam. "Get her, please." She breaths out and he sat up and kissed Katherine's cheek.

"Okay, I'll get her." He said and she turns and kissed his lips. "Thank you and love you." She breaths out as she closes her eyes and went back to sleep

Adam takes off the covers and gets off the bed and walks out of the room and opens the door of the nursery and saw Emma crying.

"Shhhh, it's okay. Daddy's got you." He says and he picks her up and rocks her in his arms.

The two year old Emma coos, her eyes shining blue and green like her mother's eyes, also green like her dad.

"You're gonna sleep with daddy and mommy today." He says as he walks out of the room and walks into their room as he sat on the bed.

Katherine felt the bed dip down and she turns and saw adam laying Emma in the middle of them. "Hey baby." Katherine breaths out and she smiles as Emma was giving her a bright smile

🔹

Katherine could hear the thunderstorm outside and she turns and saw Emma sleeping by her side and on Adam's.

She saw Emma snuggling into Adam and smiles at them happily. She turns and saw the time, it was 3:00 in the morning and Katherine had enough rest.

She took off the covers and put the pillow on her side, so her baby wouldn't fall off the bed. Katherine opens the door of her bedroom and closed it quietly.

She yawned and grabbed a glass and grabbed the milk gallon and pours herself some milk.

She took a sip of it and went to the cabinet and grabbed a granola bar and opened the wrap and took a bite of it but on the second bite she got startled by someone knocking on the door and she frowns.

"Who in the hell is up at three in the morning?" She asked herself and walked towards the door and saw Derek and all wet, with tears in his eyes.

"Derek, what's wrong?" She asked and she touches her forehead. "Come in, come on." She tells him and came in as she closed the door and grabbed the blacket from the couch and wraps it around him.