CHAPTER FOUR

chapter four of mirrors

Chapter Four- 4 Years Later

Katherine arrives at the hospital, it's been four years and she was a resident at the age of 22

Katherine arrives at the hospital, it's been four years and she was a resident at the age of 22. She was about to complete her four years and then she'll be an attending in five years and she was happy that she was accomplishing all the things she has done everything she did for her family and her reputation was very known.

Katherine was at a bar at New York, waiting for her best friend Derek. She had a glass of whiskey in her hand.

She hand her test results in her hands to see if she passed the exam to pass her residency and the do the last five years of become an attending.

She looks down at her watch and looks towards the door. "Come on Derek, where are you?"

She heard the door open and saw Derek and she smiles. "Finally!" She exclaimed and he rolls his eyes.

"Relax, I was just checking on you're brother." He tells her and she gives him a small smile.

"How is he doing?" She asked him.

"His tumor shrunk 3 months ago and then it just got bigger again." Derek informs her.

She looks down and sighs. "He's gonna die, isn't he?"

Derek sighs. "I don't know."

She breaths in and out. "Okay, let's stop the sad shit and open this letter." Katherine says as she rips the envelope open and takes out the letter.

"I'm kinda scared."

He smiles and touches her arm. "You don't have to be scared, I'm gonna be here through the bad thing and the good things. You know that, right?"

"Yep."

"Now open the damn letter, already." He says and she opens it and reads over it and she could feel her heart beating quickly in her chest, her eyes went wide.

"Oh my God! I did it!" She exclaimed happily. "Congratulations, Kat!" He says and hugs her and she hugs him back and moves away.

"I passed, I did it."

She drank the rest of her alcohol. "I'm gonna party, with you, because you're the only friend I have." She tells him and Derek gave her a look.