CHAPTER THREE

chapter three of mirrors

◀Chapter Three- It takes time▶

Katherine was sitting beside her brother as she wrote an "x" on the left and Stefan put it on the middle and she smiles as she saw that he looked happier

"You won again, this game is busted." Stefan said and puts his pencil down as Katherine chuckles, brushing off her light blue scrubs.

"I'm the best." She says, putting her hands up and nods. "Or maybe you're so slow, because if you see here, I'm doing the same move over and over." Katherine shows him and his mouth does an o shape.

Katherine tries to hide her frown, he was forgetting a few small things and he sighs.

"I'm forgetting more, aren't I?" He asked and Katherine gets up shaking his head. "No, you're not." She says to him and kissed his head.

"You don't have to lie to me, I know I'm dying." He says and Katherine glares at him.

"You're not dying do you understand." She says and he doesn't say anything and she looks down. "Say you understand, Stefan!" She repeated herself.

"I understand." He breaths out and she nods. "Good, now I'm gonna go. My break is finished. I have to get back to work." She tells him.

"Go, work and be the best doctor ever." He says with a bright smiles. "I will, for you and only you." She says and walks out the room.

Katherine looked at a scan on her hand and she felt someone behind her. "Hey." Derek greets her and she smiles.

"Hey old man." Katherine greets and he looks at her shocked and offended, shoving her softly.

"That's rude, I'm not that old." He says and she chuckles. "Yeah you are, you're 32 and I'm 18. I'm one of the youngest interns in this whole hospital, because I decided to do it for my brother." She says and he comes from behind her and hugs her.

"You're my best friend and you know I would do anything for you." He says as she leans against his arm.

"And I would do the same for you." Katherine tells him and he snatches the scan out of her hand.

"Hey, give that back." She says and he holds it all the way up. "Don't be an ass."

"Huh, it's a brain tumor. It's pretty big." He says and she snatches it. "It's my tumor, it's my solo surgery." She tells him.