CHAPTER ONE

chapter one of mirrors

◀Chapter One- Pizza time▶

Katherine was sitting on her bed listening to queen on her disc player as she bobs her head up in down, folding her clothes on her lap as she heard a knock on her door

"Come in." Katherine calls out as the door opens and she's her adopted father's face and she smiles and stops her music and looks into his eyes.

"Hey, dad." She greets him and he looks down at the spot on her bed. "May I?" He asked and She nods. "Go ahead dad." She let's him and he sat and grabs her hand and she felt how warm his hands were and he didn't want to let go.

"Are you sure you wanna move out of the house?" He asked her and she sighs and shifts her body towards him.

"Yes, dad. I'm a hundred percent sure."

"It's just in gonna miss you." He says and She sighs. "Dad, you and Stefan can literally visit me anytime y'all want. It's only two minutes away from the hospital." She tells him and he chuckles.

"I know."

"I'm just not ready to let you go on your own, the world is a crappy place." He says in his British accent and she nods.

"It's is, but you know I'm a survivor. I survived death." She tells him and he grabs her face and kissed the top of her head. "I just don't want you to get sick again." He says in worry and she looks down with tears.

She looks back up. "Well I won't, I will survive my internship. I'm gonna kick some ass." She says and he chuckles at her.

"God blessed me with two, beautiful kids." He says.

"God is good, but you know I don't really believe in him, but I will have a little faith. Because he kept me alive on my worst time."

"And because of science, medicine."

He nods, knowing that his daughter wasn't a person who would have a lot of faith in God, because he gave her something so cruel.

"When do you leave?" He asked her.

"I'm not leaving this house until I find a place to live." She tells him and grabs his hand. "So you will have to spend a lot of time with me, before I move out and start my own life."

"Gosh, the years have went by so quick, you were only sixteen when I fostered you and then adopted you when you turned seventeen." He breaths out.