~20~

Omotayo.

To be honest,I didn't plan for this. But I have to do it!

Truth be told, it's not like I have to do it really but I knew that I would be miserable and would be living with guilt if I didn't because,somehow, a certain black skinned girl with big brown eyes had weaseled her way into my heart and I found myself actually looking forward to that damned party.

Yes,the Spring Dance is today!

Being a school day,I had been so preoccupied that I didn't even remember that I had somewhere to be tonight but Simone and Cliff had reminded somewhat innocently. The conversation had went like this:

"Bruhhhh.."Cliff had exclaimed"Loving the new haircut. Preparing,are we?"

"Preparing for what?"I shot back in irritation as I was still trying to understand that damned book "THE LION AND THE JEWEL"

Cliff mouth lifted a little in a smile and he said"You forgot, didn't you?"

I closed my book and I raised my two hands in exasperation and said"Forgot what?"

He ignored me and brought out books from his bag and started arranging them in his locker and I went back to my book.

About five minutes later, Simone passed by my seat and gave me a full blown smile. The smile made her eyes pop and my heart stop.

Oh Lord! I'm now a God damned poet.

"Good morning, Omotayo."She called from her seat and as an after thought she added"Just thought I should tell you that I'm wearing a red gown so that our outfit can match."

And just then,I remembered everything. I remembered the spring dance and how Simone was supposed to be my date. How had I forgotten that?

Are you really that suprised?

I nodded at Simone and wished that the ground would swallow me up there and then.. I sneaked a glance at Cliff and saw that he was laughing at me silently in a mocking manner..I gave him a middle finger and rested my head on the table.

And that is why I am now caught between buying a red tie or or red shirt. I also didn't know if I should order it online or just go shopping. I laid down on the floor of my room in frustration. All these unnecessary thinking was giving me a headache.

I heard the door open and a tiny voice asked"Can I come in?"

I groaned and said, irritated"You're already in."

Rene sighed and sat down on the bed and asked"May I ask why you're cranky?"

"I am FRUSTRATED."I answered.

"Why?"

Should I tell her? Will it solve any of my damned problem? Well,as the saying goes:a problem shared is a problem half solved...I think. Fuck it!

"You know Simone,right? She.."

She held her right hand up for me to stop talking"Say less bro. I think that you should wear a red tie. Only a red tie. If you wear a red suit or shirt, you'll only be too flashy and we don't want that. She.."