~7~

Omotayo.

"Introduce yourself,boy." I heard the principal say.

"My name is Omotayo Humphrey,I am eighteen years old and I am pleased to make your acquaintances." My eyes wandered around in search for friendly faces. When I caught her eyes,I was...

Surprised!

I was surprised because I had never seen someone as beautiful as her. Her skin was a rich and clear chocolate colour that was rare to find. Her hair was braided in big box braids and gelled to perfection. Her eye colour was brown and her body shape was really captivating.

Focus,Tayo.

I tore my eyes away from her and tried to look elsewhere.

Principal John spoke for a few more minutes but my attention wasn't on him,it was on that girl.

You took a pledge.

I shook my head, trying to free it of all thoughts of her and tried to focus on what the principal was saying.

"Why don't I pick?"Principal John voiced out after I had denied that girl.

" Our very own head girl,Simone Adeboye."

I looked up to find out who Simone was, and when the girl waved a little,I almost jumped for joy.

"Fine by me." I said, trying as much as possible to sound calm.

**
"Omotayo!!"Someone screamed in my ear.

"Fuck!!"I cursed. I stood up and stretched, trying to rid my body of sleep.

"Ty."René shouted again.

"What the hell do you want?"I sat down and tried to concentrate. I looked around the class but saw no one there.

Hmmm,maybe they went for a class or something.

"This school is amazing Ty."Rene said"No one even cares that I am blind. I have made three friends now and it's just so fresh. How about you? Tell me about how your day went."

As she said those words,my mind immediately went to that girl and I quickly swallowed my reply.

But René took my silence for something else"Are you mad at me?I am so sorry."

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. Damn René for being too emotional.

"T-there's this girl and she's very beautiful and...."I didn't finish because René started squealing.

"Yes!I knew it!I totally knew it!I can't wait to tell mom and everybody in the family that you finally like someone."

"If you do that,"I threatened in a low voice"I will never talk to you again in my life. I didn't even say that I liked the girl, did I? I just said that she is beautiful. I took a pledge,remember?"

She shook her head at me and opened her mouth to say something but she closed it back quickly and then opened it again.

"You and your stupid pledge! Mummy have told you that you will spend the rest of your school year in Richview."She raised her voice.
Something René never does.
"Mummy said that she will try."I emphasized on the word 'try'

"That is not enough for me."I added.

"I don't even have anything to say to you."She turned carefully on her heels but threw her head back"In case you haven't noticed,it's lunch break and you are ten minutes late for Principal John's meeting."