~24~

Hi everyone.
I know it's been a long while since I had an author's note and I've been rather silent but I'd love to know how you've been enjoying the book so far because I've just not had the motivation to write these past few months.
So, I want to thank all those that have stuck with this book through thick and thin and I just want to say that I love you all. So very much.
I will be bringing in a surprise POV today just so you guys can know what to expect in the other RICHVIEW COLLEGE SERIES.
The surprise POV for today is....*cue dramatic drumroll* dum dum duuuuuuuummm.

Renee.

Richview was what I had expected. Only for the first two weeks. Then I begun to see that there was a social ladder. Maybe the term 'see' is not appropriate for me, rather I heard it. Felt was better word. Everyone was in this unspoken competition that hung in the air like a bad smell. The teachers had their favorites and the students were undoubtedly mean.

They made fun of me. They likened me to the beggars that were scattered around Lagos but I was not deterred. No I was not. That just wasn't the way I was built.

So when I begun to shed hot tears in my bed at night, you could only imagine my surprise. I felt like the word was just covered in darkness because I could only see one color: black.

I begun to think about their words more often and it turned out that they were right to say that. I mean, what good was a girl that couldn't see and walked around with a walking stick? Even my "friends" that I danced with begun to whisper about me. They thought I could not see them but I could obviously hear! Being blind did not mean that I was impaired. I could not just see. It was not like the other parts of my body were not working. But still people did not believe that. To be honest, at Richview, people believed what they wanted to.

Because of my blindness and the way the students begun to treat it, I went mute. I stopped singing. It was at these moments that the world really felt dark and hopeless because there was no melody. I stopped dancing even though I really didn't like it to be honest. Like I said before, these people were right. I was no good. I misplaced my stick and I was useless for more than ten minutes, scrambling for something that I was very sure was in front of me. If not for Senior Simone, God knows how that would have turned out.

I couldn't turn to anyone. My mom was always in her own little shell, crying in muffled silence, Tayo was always busy and my dad was...well...

So I turned to the one thing that worked very well for me.

It began when I went to these nearby supermarket to get something to eat. The pack of cigarettes were just laying there, looking so white and innocent. I was curious to see how it felt but I was scared. My mother called it cancer on a stick but others said they used it to "forget". I didn't only want to forget, I wanted to be free. I wanted to float high above the air. I wanted to see how Tayo and my mom looked like. The cigarette couldn't solve all of these problems but maybe it would solve some.

So I bought it.

The boy behind the counter had smiled ghoulishly when he saw the pack of cigarettes and he said,"These don't do nothing. Try coca cola and tom tom."

He pushed my receipt into my hand and I hurried out of the store. I would not be influenced badly, I thought to myself.

But he was right. I craved and earned for more. I wanted to feel in control of my life. So I planned it well. I asked Tayo for a pack of tom tom and my mom for some bottles of coke and sure enough, they both got me what I wanted.

I was home alone the first time I tried it and I remember grabbing my head with both hands in pleasure as a sort of coldness engulfed my head. I did this almost everyday and I got addicted to it. But then, it was not enough, it was never enough.

Then I met Femi. The boy that was always happy and no one knew what he went through, no one knew his burdens, no one knew him basically.

He introduced me to cocaine.

No, he's not a bad person. He was trying to help me, help me forget, help me be happy all the time. I wanted it, don't you see? It made me happy and calm and anytime I took it, I felt like I could see colours. Anytime I took it, the colours danced in front of me but I could not quite catch it and that made it all fun. I laughed and laughed, sang at the top of my voice, all because of cocaine. Weed could not even compare to cocaine. Cocaine was the best.

Omotayo did not know, how he could he? He had stuffs he was dealing with too and I could not bother him with my nonsense. Senior Simone was hurting him and I had to admit that what she did pained me too but then, it was expected really. I was weak and vulnerable and she nodded someone that was weak and vulnerable.

Femi told me that there was something that would make me bolder, make me have a voice. The ultimate experience: Heroin.

The needles, the serum inside. I needed it, craved it like air. Unlike cocaine which made me subdued, heroin made my head trash with anger, heroin made the thoughts that I had kept buried down float in my head hazily, heroin made the demons show.

And you know what? Maybe it was for the best.

A/N:

Huh? Huh?? What do you guys think?

It's kinda short but it's a filler chapter, I don't want to take you into the story too much y'know. This story has extreme spoilers it seems, or does it???

Anyways, I changed the name of this book as you can see. I wasn't really feeling that good kids palava anymore. I will soon change the cover, I think, maybe tomorrow evening.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Laters, besties.