~11~

Omotayo.

"Tayo,come back here! I am still talking to you."

"But I am done with you!"I replied my father back smoothly.

Omotayo,one. Father, zero.

"When did it become okay to talk to your father that way?"

"Since you decided to move your family around like poultry."

Mehn!I am on fire today.

My father grunted in frustration but I couldn't care less. He lost my respect and love when I started to lose reason.

"I don't see a big deal in this,Omotayo."My father replied,his voice losing all anger that was there before.

"Of course you don't see the big deal in it!"I exclaimed incredulously. "You never see the big deal in anything."

My father raised his hand to smack my face but judging from the look on my face,he stopped and brought it down. Perhaps he thought that if he slapped me I would slap him back. Perhaps, he was right.

"Watch your tongue,Tayo!"

I rolled my eyes and ran upstairs while ignoring calls of my name.

From my room I could still hear my father talking to my mother"Contain  your child,Maria or I will....." He left the threat hanging.

"If I didn't know better,"My mother's French laced accent floated through my ears"I would call that a threat!"

"Well do you?Do you know better?"My father's words came, taunting my mother and it took me a lot not to storm there and slap his frigging face.

Pardon my French.

"Get out of this house,Samuel and don't come back till you see reason!"
I waited for a full minute before I heard the door slam and I could tell it was my father going out.

He is probably going to work!

"Omotayo!!"My mother's tiny voice pierced my ears"Come down here. This instant!"

I groaned and push my way forward and prepared for my mother's outburst.

"What were you thinking?How dare you speak to your father that way?"

I ignored her and looked away but that seemed to fuel her anger.

"Are you dumb? Say something. Give me one valid excuse for what you just did now."

I ignored her again and stared at my feet.

She grumbled in frustration and said to me"I love you,Omotayo,and your father loves you in his own way."

I stared at her for a while,determined not to talk to her when she gave me her signature teary eyes.

"You promised me that we wouldn't move again. Now this man who calls himself Dad is telling me bullshit!!"

She narrowed her eyes at me to indicate her displeasure at  the foul language I used, but I couldn't care less.

"I will discuss this with your father,I promise you that.."