~12~

Simone.

Brrng!!!

Why is my alarm going off on a Saturday?

I turned and tried to turn it off but instead it fell off the table and landed on the ground,making a loud crashing sound.

I grumbled and sat down on the bed and I tried to rid sleep from my body.
I took my phone and checked the time.

7:05.

What was I thinking yesterday that had made me set an alarm on a Saturday?

"Simone,open this door. We heard a crash."I heard my mom's voice behind the door and she sounded worried. Typical mom.

"I am fine mom. It's just my alarm clock."

"Are you sure,honey?Are you sure you feel up for that tutoring assignment that Principal John gave you?"

Ohhhhhh!

I knew that I had forgotten something.
I really didn't want to go but if I didn't do as the principal asked he'd tell my parents about the fight and that would be a disaster.

"No it's fine,mom. There is no problem."

"OK."

I waited till I heard her receding footsteps before I flopped back on the bed and grumbled to myself as I willed myself to stand up and go prepare for school....on a Saturday.

**
The only good thing about today was that I was allowed to wear a mufti. I don't think I would be comfortable wearing a itchy uniform on the day that I am supposed to be resting.
I grumbled again in annoyance to myself as the school started to come to my view. My driver was silent and that irritated me even more.

Finally we got the front of the school and the car stopped. I got down and told the driver through the window"You'll come pick me up in four and a half hours."

He nodded and sped up and I wanted to call him back because all I wanted was to sleep.

I knocked on the school gate and Sanusi,the Hausa gateman open the school gate for me.

"How you dey?Wetin all of una dey do for school?"

I raised my brow and said"I am guessing the student that I am tutoring is already in school."

H

e laughed a little,in confusion saying"Abeg,I no fit hear wetin you dey talk. Dey go!"

I hissed and walked past him and I droned out his useless banter about mannerless kids these days.

I hurried upstairs to my class and I saw the outline of a really tall person through the class window before I entered.

I entered the class and I saw Omotayo instead of a small jss1 student.

"What are you doing here?"I blurted out.

He stared at me for a while before saying"I should be asking you the same question!"

I sighed as I ignored his rude tone yet again and said"I am tutoring someone."