~10~

Simone.

"Madam Simone,wake up!"I heard the same line  that I have been listening to for the past seventeen years.

"Leave me alone!"In case you were wondering, I just started saying this line four years ago. When Caitlin decided to put our entire class into groups.

"It's your dad calling you!"The maid said smugly and I knew why.
Let me tell you a little about my Father:

My father is Kunle Adeboye,the owner of a multi national conglomerate. He deals with almost everything. He has nightclubs,a lip gloss production industry. He produces sugar,cement,napkins,rice....just name it. Some people actually call him the head of the Nigerian Mafia.

My mother is Mona Adeboye. She works from home,even though she has a law degree. She has a tiny figure but she can't be taken advantage of,mostly because of my dad.

Now back to my dad!

He is a big,soft,cuddly bear despite his seemingly hard face and bulky stature. But the last thing you would want to do to my dad is disobey him.

The first time he had told me to do something and I didn't do it was when I was in primary three. He didn't talk to me for three months. Yes!Three months. I begged and did all sorts of things but my dad just ignored me.
Then one day after school closed,his BMW was waiting for me outside the school.

I got in excitedly and he said just twelve words"Never forget what it's like to lose the respect of your father."
After that time,we never spoke about the incident again but the fear was already there.

I was an only child but that didn't mean that I was pampered. In fact,it was the exact opposite.

"Tell him that I would be downstairs in twenty minutes."I looked closely at the maid who had answered me somewhat rudely earlier and I didn't recognize her. She was a little bit young so I guess she wasn't used to taking orders. I would make sure I dealt with her, I thought.

"What is your name?"I demanded.

She rolled her eyes in front of me and said"I don't think it is any of your business Madam, but my name is Toke."

The nerve of this she goat.

"Get out now or you will live to regret it."

The way her eyes bulged out in fear gave me an odd satisfaction but my so called satisfaction dimmed when she said:

"See,you will not want to try that!"She hissed loudly after her statement.

My mouth hung open as anger and shock over took me. No maid as ever been this rude to me. Ever.

"Who do you think you are, you poverty stricken idiot? Do you know who I am?"

She rolled her eyes yet again and said"Simone Adeboye,daughter of the great Kunle Adeboye. Ruthless freak. I have heard a lot about you and I just want to let you know that I came prepared."

"Get out of my room this instant or you will go back to the village you came from. Idiot."

She hissed again and stormed out and I bit back a laugh. She will still get it. For some reason, she reminded me of Ada and that only added to my irritation..

Let me take my bathe first then the idiot will know that you don't mess with Simone.

**
"Darling,come take a seat."My mom spoke as soon as she saw me.

I put  my sad face on and I began to accumulate tears in my eyes. I already knew what I would do to that Toke of a girl.  But first I have to know what my dad wanted to talk to me about.