Chapter 7

Alex's P.O.V
I think I may be falling In love with her. We're only dating. It's too soon. I scold myself.
" Is it true? Do I actually love her?" I interrogate myself.

"Alex?Alex, Alex!?" Scarlett shouts.

"Who, Where what?!" I exclaim as I am unexpectedly snapped out of my thoughts.

"Are you ok? You went pale and zoned out." She asks,her eyes filled with concern.

"Y-yea, I'm fine just had a heat flash." I lie.

"You sure?" She presses.

"Yes, I'm sure." I lie again.

"Ok..." She sighs and rests her head on my chest. I lay my head back on the pillow and rest my eyes. Soon enough I could tell Scarlet fell back asleep by her light, slow, breathing, and slight whistle when she exhales. I slip out from under her, careful not to wake her and sneak downstairs and root through the fridge and start making breakfast for her.

"This should, definitely surprise her." I whisper to myself. I scramble to find the vanilla and bread in the cluttered pantry, and FINALLY I find some off-brand vanilla and white bread.. It'll have to work. I get out a small bowl and crack two different colored eggs, add in the skim milk (I cringe to myself thinking about it) then pour in just SLIGHTLY more vanilla than what was needed..... "FAIL!" I scream at myself and mentally slap the crap out of my mind. Recovering from this mental blow I put the skillet on the stovetop, plop an ungodly amount of butter on it and watch it melt slowly. I then mix together the concoction of what was supposed to be the making of French toast with a cheap fork..
I put the white bread in, gritting my teeth, then turn it over on the other side... "God I hope this turns out okay" I think to myself... "Oh crud I think I heard her upstairs... There's the sink, I'd better hurry if I wanna surprise her." I throw it on the skillet - the butter cracks and pops angrily at the white bread, skim milk and off-brand vanilla... I flip it over and then put it on the plate. As I put butter on that peace and spread it across- I feel something terrible on the back of my neck.. It stings like fire- I bite my lip and pour confectioners sugar over the toast... The butter had popped and landed on my neck.. I left the burner on... "STUPID STUPID STUPID!"  I get out a bowl and pour their syrup in it...what the jhsbvjjaebfkjshkf it's Log cabin... I thought they stopped making that like years ago... I find the cinnamon and add it in with the syrup. I start making the other piece.. She's coming down the stairs... "CRAP!!!!" I rush grab a coffee mug and fill it with coffee as fast as I can, run over to the table with the coffee and creamer. I run over back to the stove flip the toast, then quickly throw it on the plate and practically pour the entire thing of confectioners sugar on it (powdered sugar) and run to the table. "I made it JUST IN TIME!"

_____________I'd like to thank my friend Maddy for helping me write this, she is an exceptional writer  and friend, hopefully she'll make an account and I'll link her name if or when she does hope you enjoy it!________________________________________________________________