Chapter 7

Miyoung:

It was 5pm and we finished class two hours ago. Yeonhee, Soona, and I decided to go to my apartment and watch some of our favorite girl groups together. We were also going to order some food and drinks which sounded amazing to me. We don't have class tomorrow since it's a school holiday, so we could have a sleepover tonight too. We don't have a lot of sleepovers because of our jobs and school, so once we have the chance, we have a sleepover. On my TV, I have YouTube on it so we could easily watch live stages and comebacks from the big three girl groups. Yeonhee ordered pizza, chicken, tteokbokki, and french fries. I had some juice and soda in my fridge so we were okay with that. Soona brought our blankets and pillows and matching pajamas.

We had some homework to do together so while we waited for the food, we did our homework together. This is how we usually do our homework. We just do it individually and we ask any questions if we have any. Of course, we don't copy our answers word for word since that's against school rules so we just try to summarize things for each other. Soona laid out a blanket that she brought on my living room floor and we laid down together. Since Soona is so smart and fast, she got done like ten minutes earlier than us. Yeonhee and I asked some questions to Soona and she helped us and we immediately got it. Once we were done with our homework, I turned on the TV and put on the music video for TWICE's "I Can't Stop Me" while Yeonhee went to the bathroom and Soona set up a fort for the three of us.

Haechan:
Hey, Miyoung! How are you?

Lately, Haechan has been texting me a lot more than Sungchan has. If Sungchan can't make time for me, how can Haechan? Is it possible that Sungchan is more busy than Haechan? I mean they're both in the same unit and they're promoting at the same time... but still, I wished Sungchan texted me as much as Haechan does.

Miyoung:
Hey! I'm good.. how are you?

Haechan:
I'm doing well. Are you done with school? Do you have work?

Miyoung:
Yeah I've been done with school and I don't have work for the rest of the week. Why?

Please don't say what I think you're going to say. Please don't say what I think you're going to say. Please, please don't say those words. I only want to hear Sungchan say them. So please, don't say them Haechan.

Haechan:
Can you come outside real quick?

He said it. Why is Haechan saying this to me and not Sungchan? I've tried to call Sungchan multiple times but he hasn't answered. How can Haechan possibly he free right now? I quickly go to my wardrobe and put on an big jacket, hat, sunglasses, and mask and I go downstairs after telling Yeonhee and Soona that I have a package. Once I got inside of the elevator, my stomach started to twirl. Why am I so nervous to see him? When I saw Sungchan, I wasn't nervous at all, because I was just seeing my boyfriend. But this is different. I'm meeting a celebrity. I'm just meeting NCT's Haechan. When I got out of the elevator, I could see Haechan's figure standing outside, holding a huge bag. I sighed and made my way towards him. He immediately saw me and grabbed my hand, pulling me inside of a van.

"Sorry, I can't risk being caught by fans." He says and I nod. He just stares at me for a couple of seconds while I just sit there. He takes off his mask and hat and runs his fingers through his hair. Can he just get to the point? I don't want to leave my friends waiting.

"Oh... uh... Here." Haechan smiles while handing me the big bag. I take a look inside and there's a bunch of things in here. Makeup products, skincare products, and a cardigan.

"Why did you buy these for me?" I ask and Haechan starts to blush. He looks away and clears his throat. He laughs and continues to look away, clearly avoiding eye contact with me. I sigh and close the bag, putting my hands in my pockets since it was so cold in the car for some reason. *Author's note: it's currently November in the story

"I didn't... haha... I didn't buy these for you! Sungchan... Sungchan did!" Haechan responds awkwardly. I nod slowly and put my mask back on.

"Well.. I'll let him know I said thank you. Why did you bring them inside of him?" I ask, Haechan avoids eye contact with me again.

"He's really really busy. Yeah... he's just so busy right now. Anyways... you should get going, huh?" Haechan responds and I nod. I say goodbye to him and leave the car with the bag in my hands.

When I got back to my apartment, Yeonhee and Soona didn't even touch the food yet and there was nothing playing on the TV, it looked like they only drank the drinks. I closed the door behind me and they immediately got up and ran up to me.

"Why do you have a bag?" Yeonhee asks and I throw the bag to the other side of my apartment, laughing awkwardly.

"Oh! It's just a gift.. from my brother! Nothing serious. His manager just gave it to me cause he's crazy busy right now! Um.. let's eat now!" I say and Yeonhee and Soona follow after me.

We all sit down and start to dig in, starting with the pizza. Yeonhee wanted to show us the new drama that she's been obsessing with, so she took care of the TV while Soona and I just sat back and watched. Before watching, Yeonhee had to summarize the plot of the drama so that we won't be confused. It feels so nice having such amazing and funny friends. I forgot the feeling of being included in a group. Being with my friends takes my worries away — especially about Sungchan and Haechan.

.