p r o l o u g e

Sapnap was trading gold with the piglins for some good items when he heard screaming mixed with laughter. He turned to see a boy with a smiley mask and a green hoodie. the boy had dirty blonde hair that looked like parts had been burned by a fire, or possibly the lava from various streams. He jumped towards the block Sapnap was on and missed by a millimeter. Sapnap grabbed his hand before he could fall to his ultimate death and pulled him onto the Netherrack. 

"Thanks!" The boy thanked happily. He caught his breath while leaning on the blocks behind him; Sapnap stared at him in awe. There were only a few actual people in the nether, they were never allowed to leave either. If they did leave and they ever dared to come back, they'd be lead to their ultimate death.

"Is something wrong?" The boy with dirty blonde hair asked curiously. Sapnap shook his head, still admiring the boy's features.

"What's...your name?" Sapnap asked slowly, making sure he said the right words.

"Oh! My name is Dream, what's yours?" The boy asked.

"Sapnap. How...How old are you? Like what year?" Sapnap asked hesitantly.

"I just turned ten a few days ago! My friend George turns thirteen in a few months!"

"Friend?" Sapnap asked, cocking his head at the new, odd word.

"Do you not have friends?" The boy shook his head in response. "Well how old are you?"

"Eight, i think. We don't have much of a day night schedule here. Time just kind of happens." Sapnap shrugged.

"Why don't you come home with me? You could be my friend as well as George's!"

"I can't leave."

"Well...w-what if i sneak you out?"

"If i ever left and came back i'd be dead."

"So don't come back. Stay with me." The raven haired boy pondered the statement for a few moments before ultimately deciding to go ahead and do so. Once Sapnap stood up Dream noticed the burns across his body. His smile faltered but he made a mental note to ask the boy about it later.

The pair ran towards the portal, Dream entered the hellish world through, hand in hand so they didn't lose one another. Dream walked into the portal but noticed Sapnap's hesitation. Dream reassured him and he stepped into the portal anxiously. He was afraid of what might happen to him if he went through with going.

Sapnap looked around to see green everywhere. His limbs ached as a cold breeze passed by the two. Both boys felt a bit nauseous, though Dream had grown used to it with how often he and George would travel to the painfully hot world.

"George! George did you time me?!"

"Forty-five minutes! Why was it that long! Where did you go?!" The older and taller boy worried. The pair walked to the male in a blue shirt and sunglasses. Sapnap liked the colour of his shirt a lot.

"That's a pretty color! What color is that?" Sapnap asked in adoration, wanting to grab the shirt and feel it on his fingertips.

"Oh, it's blue i'm pretty sure. Right Dream?"

"Yeah! It's a light blue! Good job Gogy!" Dream praised making the other blush.

"George this is Sapnap, Sapnap this is George."

"Hi Sapnap. If you don't mind me asking, why do you have burns everywhere?"

"Burns?" Sapnap questioned, unaware of what they meant.

"Yeah."

"He lived in the nether, George. Can you help me patch them up?" George nodded and led the way back to their base.

From that point on the trio was inseparable, unless they had to go to the nether then they were very separable.