s e v e n || n e w y e a r s

As quickly as Christmas came to the people inhabiting the lands, it was gone just as quickly. How quickly time was flying by seemed to leave everybody in distaste, especially the Dream Team, if they're even considered that anymore.

Dream has gotten worse, effectively worse. He's become a power hungry psychopath. He's manipulating Sapnap and George and Quackity. He's especially manipulating Karl.

Dream has been saying awful things to the innocent man. Karl used to go to Sapnap about it, sometimes George or Quackity, but after a while of Dream lying to everyone it just looked like Karl was the "boy who cried wolf".

This put a big strain on Karl and Sapnap's unlabeled relationship. The pair started arguing more and yelling became a frequent task in the shared household. While arguing became normal, they never went to bed without one in the other's arms. All tension seemed to slip away once they were holding one another, giving hope to each that this would pass at some point.

"Karl, You here?" Sapnap asked, walking into his eerily dark and quiet home. That was until he heard a thump in his room. He quickly paced to his room and walked in. The sight left him utterly speechless and guilty.

"He doesn't even like you, let alone love you." Dream spat angrily.

"I think you should leave." Sapnap grumbled. Karl looked up at the younger, face red and tears in his eyes.

"Karl-"

"No, Dream, you should fucking go." Dream immediately froze, he hadn't seen Sapnap this angry in a long time.

"Sap, Sap calm-"

"Don't you dare tell me what to do in my house." Sapnap spat, anger fueling his every word and action. He raised his eyes enough for Dream to see them.

Sapnap's eyes, once a dark blue, were now almost completely black with a red fiery ring around the inside, nearest to the pupil. Dream hadn't seen this look since George killed one of his pets and they had simply laughed at him for getting emotional; that was almost five years ago now.

"I'll be leaving then." Dream said, shouldering Sapnap on his way out. Sapnap knew his boundaries as did Dream, in the moment. Dream crossed a line today, well many days ago Sapnap was just too oblivious to realize what Karl was saying, was indeed the truth.

"Sap..." Karl said softly, snapping Sapnap out of his trans. He needed to leave before he hurt Karl, so that's what he did. Sapnap left the house with no further words spoken or actions taken.

Karl was left not only alone, but confused and scared. He ended up walking to Quackity's house in fear of being taken advantage of again.

There was a small cut on his cheek where Dream had threatened him with his enchanted netherite sword. Karl was powerless against the man in a green hoodie, Dream fed off of the fact that Karl was so utterly powerless without Sapnap, his protector.

While Karl went to Quackity's, Sapnap went outside of the lands. On his way he passed a big prison; he didn't notice though, too wrapped up in his anger and guilt to even pay attention to his surroundings. He quickly made it to a snow biome and just laid in the snow.

The body heat of the angered boy lowered slightly due to the cold. He didn't completely understand why he was as angry as he was. He didn't even hear what dream said besides what he did hear, and even then Dream could've been talking about anyone.

Sapnap tried to figure out why his anger was as bad as it was, he narrowed it down to Karl being traumatized and his own recent urges to go back to the nether.

Sapnap laid down for a few more minutes before stamding up and going back to his home to take care of Karl. He was praying Karl went to Quackity's since he'd abruptly left.