TAURUS

Birthdays. You celebrate them and you go up one age. As a kid, you're happy about it. As an old person, not so much. I, for one, don't like celebrating my birthday. I think it's useless and you don't need a party to celebrate your age. At least that's what I used to think until I met cancer.

"Morning bro," I hear Aries say to me. "Sup," I replied. "Dude, today's your b-day, why do you look bland?" he asked. "Meh, I don't like celebrating birthdays a lot," I said. "Oh I see, wait how come I never knew that?" he asked. "Cause you never asked," I replied. "True," he said. "Hey, guys!" Ophiuchus said. "Hey Ophi," I said. "Happy Birthday Taurus!" she said. I smiled and thanked her. "What are you going to do for it?" she asked. "Idk," I replied. Every year I celebrated my birthday but nothing came out of it, well except money, food, Cancer, and Scorpio. "What?" she said shocked. "I know I was surprised too," Aries said.

After our talk session, we headed to homeroom and listened to Ms. Pinscer. "Alright guys, as you know you will be in 12 grade next year and graduating," Ms. Pinscer said. Some of us groaned and others clapped. I groaned. Great, soon we'll be out of high school and into the real world. It's scary knowing you're feeling up, maybe that's why I hate having birthdays. "For today's homeroom assignment, I want you to tell me in 1 word, how you about going into the real world,"

"Let's go with Aries first,"

"Meh,"

"Taurus,"

"..."

Taurus?"

"nervous,"

"Gemini and Gem,"

"Fine," they both said at the same time.

"Cancer,"

"Scared,"

"Leo,"

"Excited!"

"Virgo,"

"Prepared,"

"Libra,"

"Ready,"

"Scorpio,"

"I don't care,"

"That we three words but ok, Sagittarius,"

"Normal,"

"Capricorn,"

"Bland,"

"Aquarius?"

"Thrilled,"

"Pisces,"

"Sad,"

"Ophiuchus,"

"Grateful,"

The bell rang and I got up from my seat. As I got up, someone grabbed my hand, it was Cancer, "You need something Cancer?" I asked. "I- uh, I have something to give you," she said nervously. I waited for a while, but she didn't pull anything out. "So, where's my present?" I asked, a little confused. "I'll give it to you umm..., later," she said and rushed away. I cocked my head a little and shrugged it off. 

I want to Science wish was my first class, with Scorpio. I sat next to him and asked him whats with cancer. Scorpio, who is really good at lying, coughed. He coughed. Something was going on. "Scorpio, you good?" I asked him getting close to his face. He blushed and put his head down. "Be quiet, I'm trying to sleep," he replied. I saw his red ear and kind felt my face heat up.

"Taurus!" I heard someone yell. It was cancer. As she ran, she tripped and fell on top of me. My heart started to race. We both got up and she started to talk. "I want you to meet me at the tree in the middle of the school's garden. I have a surprise for you!" she said, happily. "Ok then, I'll see you there!" she said and ran off. 

I wonder what she wants. It's probably for my birthday. I think this is the first time that cancer has ever kept a secret from me. I don't like it.

After school, I went to the tree that she talked about. Today was really sunny but the wind was blowing. Today's weather is perfect. I took the sent of the air in and the wind blew through my hair.

 I took the sent of the air in and the wind blew through my hair

"Taurus," I heard Cancer say. I turn around and look at her. "So, why'd you call me here?" I asked. "So um, I know you're not fond of having birthday parties so here's a present." She handed me a small box wrapped in yellow wrapping paper. I opened it and it was a photo, of Cancer, Scorpio and I, when we were kids. I don't remember taking this though. "I love it," I said. "Also, we are doing a small group gathering at our dorm, your mom and dad won't be there but I'm sure they'll call," I nodded and smiled. 

As she walked away I notice Scorpio hiding behind a bush. What in the world. I walked up to him and he just looked at me. "What?" he asked. "Nothing," I replied, just smiling. He got up and we followed cancer.

We reached our dorm room and were greeted by confetti. "Happy Birthday!" they all shouted. I smiled and said thank you. We ate the food and cake and I enjoyed the pleasant laughter of my friends. 

I looked over and Scorpio and he seemed to be having fun. I looked over at Cancer and she had a little fun disagreement with Virgo. Capricorn was trying to ignore Aries chatter and Sagittariuse's laughter. Pisces was eyeing Capricorn. Libra was talking to Leo. Aquarius was taking photos with Gemini and Gem. Ophiuchus was stuffing her face with food. 

Just a normal birthday party.

Normal.

The same.

Hopefully, it stays this way forever.