Chapter 3

Sydney POV:
I was in the car on my way to Shannon's. My mom had taken me going on tour pretty well. Jc had texted me earlier and I found out that he was going too, so it made it easier for my mom to say yes. I hadn't told any of my friends, aside from Jc, yet. I was super excited to tell them. I pulled into Shannon's driveway and went up to the door. It was locked. I grabbed the spare key from underneath a fake bunch of flowers and let myself in.
"Shannon?" I yelled.
"Hang on Syd! I'll be right there!" She came running out of her bathroom with wet hair and shorts on. As for a shirt, she was just wearing a sports bra.
"Ummm, did I interrupt something?"
"I was getting dressed, dipshit."
"Obviously! Go back in there and put a shirt on!" After she was fully dressed and her red hair was in a messy bun similar to mine, we went to the kitchen.
"Soo... We're graduates now." Shannon said.
"I know! It's crazy how fast it went by." Then there was another knock on the door.
"Who is it?" I yelled.
"Jillian!" The voice yelled. That meant it was Julie. We came up with that nickname in 6th grade. Julie was Jillian, Shannon was Sharon, Faith was Franny, Emily was Emilia, and I was Sally.
"I'll let her in." Shannon said.
Once everyone was there, I made my announcement.
"All summer? That's a long time, Syd. Are you sure about this?" Faith asked.
"Oh, yeah. Jc is going to be there, and I'm sure I'll meet a bunch of people."
"Yeah, I guess. What are you going to do?"
"From the email, I'm guessing I'm going to be performing songs."
"Do you get to pick?"
"Yeah! I think it's gonna be really fun!"
"How many songs do you get?"
"2-4, depending on the schedule."
"You should let us pick from your covers you've done!" Emily said.
"That's actually the smartest thing you've ever said in the history of your life." I said, laughing. "What songs do you think?"
"Definitely A-Team. That's one of your best in my opinion." Said Julie.
"And Drop in the Ocean!" Said Shannon.
"Alright, two more!" I said excitedly. There was silence for a couple of minutes, then Faith spoke up.
"Everything Has Changed!"
"Oh, yeah! That one was really good!" Said Julie.
"And Falling Slowly!" Emily said.
"Then those are my songs! Gosh, I'm excited!"

Kenny POV:
I heard my mom pull into the garage, which meant my sisters were home. I knew I was going to be able to go, I just couldn't wait to tell them.
"Kenny!'' I heard her yell. I ran into the kitchen as she and my sisters filed into the room.
"I'm going on tour!" I yelled. I explained it all to them.
"Congrats, Ken!" Said London. After more praise, it was time for dinner. My mom was the best cook.
*3 hours later*
I obviously couldn't fall asleep once I got in bed, so I looked at the list of people who were going for sure. It was me, O2L, Mahogany Lox, Cody Johns, Sammy Wilkinson, Alex Ernst, and the Sydney Mortan Gilinsky told me about. My curiosity obviously peaking, I Googled her. I first went to images. She was gorgeous. Light brown hair that went down to her elbows, beautiful brown eyes, and beautiful medium olive skin. I did a little more searching and came across her YouTube channel, so I decided to check out her videos. The first one I saw was a cover of Drop in the Ocean, which I did a cover of on Vine, so I clicked. Her voice was angelic. It was soft, smooth, and soothing. Then, going a little deeper, I found a video titled "Depression and Anxiety: My Experience. From this video, a learned that she was bullied in 5th grade and it didn't stop until 8th grade. She is prone to anxiety and panic attacks when she gets stressed or panicked, and she was in a stage of depression for three years. When she does have an attack, she'll scream and then stay completely silent while crying until it's over. I didn't think it was fair that a girl so beautiful and seemed so sweet (guessing this from an hour of research) should have to deal with this. No one should. At this point, I decided to go to sleep. That was enough excitement for one night.

A/N:
Hey! I decided that I want to post shorter updates more often instead of longer less often, so I'll try to get 3 updates of this size each week. If you don't like that, just DM me. Thanks for reading!