Chapter 6

Sydney POV:
Kenny was so nice. We pretty much became friends in a matter of seconds. It was crazy.
"So, you just graduated, right?" he asked me.
"Yeah. I'm glad, too. I hated school. It was like hell."
"Why?" I think after the last hour we spent together, I can trust him enough to tell him.
"Well, most of my middle school years I was bullied. I was a pretty small kid, you know? They would tease me about having an eating disorder, which I didn't have, so I tried to gain weight. Well, in 8th grade, I was still pretty small, but then I would get called fat. Then we had a problem. I became anorexic." I took a break, making sure I didn't look like I was about to cry, because I wasn't. "It was my junior year of high school when I finally beat it. Then, it all started getting better. I got my first boyfriend in years, who was then scared off by Riley." I said laughing. Kenny looked sympathetic.
"That's horrible. No one should ever have to go through that." He finally said. At this point, I didn't know what to say. We sat quietly for a few moments. Then I had an idea.
"Hey, Kenny."
"What?"
"While we're sitting here waiting, we should film a video. I have my camera completely charged."
"Let's do it."
"Any ideas for the video?"
"How about 20 things to do while you're stuck in the airport?"
"Yes!" He was really good at brainstorming. "What should the 20 things be?" I said taking out my phone to put them in my notes.
"Look for celebrities? I need help thinking."
"That's a good first one. How about... Go to the bathroom and redo your makeup and hair, maybe even change outfits?"
"I like it. Ooh! Ride the flat escalator things back and forth!"
"Yes!" We compiled our list, then finally filmed the video. I was really happy I had found Kenny, or that he found me, I guess. He was funny and nice, a good listener, and breathtakingly attractive. Not to mention, he could sing. Was I falling for him?
Kenny POV:
After Sydney and I filmed our video, we tweeted about it. People got really excited.
"Are you getting the same kinda replies I am?" Sydney asked me, showing me her phone. Someone had replied saying 'Yassssss OTP!' Sydney kinda laughed, so I did, too. Given, it was nervous laugh.
"Guess it was a good idea to post it." I said. Sydney let out a huge yawn.
"Sorry. I haven't slept since early this morning on my flight." She said with an apologetic tone.
"You don't need to be sorry. I haven't slept for a while, either." That was a lie of course, but I didn't want her to feel bad.
"Oh. Okay." She said. Right as she stopped talking, there was an announcement.
"Fliers going to California, your flight is ready. Board freely, sit where you please. We are sorry for the delay."
"Board freely." said Sydney, getting up and grabbing her luggage. I grabbed mine and followed her. Sydney had to show her last boarding pass from Minnesota and I used the one I was given 5 hours ago. We were walking onto the plane when Sydney suddenly tripped on her shoelace. She fell down extremely fast, her luggage (a maroon carry-on, similar to mine) came down right on top of her. I ran up to her.
"Sydney, are you okay?" She was laughing, but she also looked like she was in pain.
"Yeah. I'm-I'm fine." She got up still laughing, but favoring her right hand. I am not a doctor by any means, but her wrist looked swollen. "That was fun."
"Do you do that a lot?" I asked, laughing with her.
"Sadly, yes. I'm literally the clumsiest person you will meet." With that, we got on the plane. She went to sit down and I followed.
"Sit where you please." I said smiling at her. She laughed. The safety training started and we took off. Not long after we took off, Sydney fell asleep. I was on my own. I was about to get up to pee, when Sydney's head leaned onto my shoulder. I let her stay like that, despite how badly I had to pee. Finally we landed, and I woke Sydney.
"Are we there?" she said, opening her eyes.
"Yeah."
"Mhmm" she yawned. "okay."
With that, we got off the plane.

A//N
IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT!! I really wanted to get an update up, though. So here! byeee