Chapter 9

Kenny POV:

'Crap.' I thought. 'What do I do?' Should I wake her up or put her in bed? I didn't just wanna leave her, but I don't know what to do.
"Um, Sydney? Are you okay?" I said tapping her. Her long eyelashes fluttered open.
"Oh gosh, Kenny, I'm sorry."
"It's fine. It seriously is." I said, my voice quavering slightly. She makes me so nervous sometimes. Even though we barely had sometimes.
"No, it's not. We just met today and you've already had to deal with... This."
"I like dealing with this."
"But I don't want you to have to." She said extremely calmly, considering the episode we had just endured. "Look, let's just forget this happened and go downstairs and hang out with people. What time is it?"
"It's only 7:45. So yeah, let's go." I said smiling at her. As she started to get up, I offered her my hand. She grabbed it and I pulled her up. I have to say, she is extremely light for an 18 year old.
"You didn't have to give me your hand, I could've gotten up." She said, sounding much happier than before.
"Yes I did. You're a lady, and I'm a gentleman."
"Society needs to take life lessons from you, Kenny." As we walked down the stairs, she asked "How did you know I was upstairs?" Not wanting to give Jc away, I said "I didn't."
"Then why did you go up there?"
"All of the bathrooms down here were full and I heard there was one upstairs."
"I see. Wanna go out by the pool?
"I don't have a suit with, but I would otherwise."
"You can borrow one of Jc's." She said. I was debating, but I must've had a different look on my face, because her follow up was "or you can go by your friends."
"Let's go swimming." I smiled at her.
"Ok! And we can talk to the people that are out there. We're not gonna be alone. I'm gonna go get my suit on and I'll bring one of Jc's down."
"Alrighty." I replied. I then headed into the kitchen to get something to drink.
"Ken, where've you been?" Johnson said walking in behind me.
"We've been looking for you!" Said Gilinsky, who was right next to him.
"I've been hanging out with, ah, other people I guess."
"Hey guys!" Sydney said, walking in with perfect timing.
"So you're Sydney Mortan. It's super nice to meet you!" Gilinsky said, looking at her longer than I'd've liked.
"It's even better to meet you two!" Sydney handed me the trunks and I headed to the bathroom whilst they were talking.
"We're going out to the pool. Wanna come?" Sydney asked them as I walked out.
"Nah, it's fine. You kids have fun." I was about to say something when Sydney rolled her eyes and pushed Gilinsky playfully.
"You ready?" I asked her. She had two towels. One around her, and one folded up in her hand. I assumed it was mine.
"Yeah, let's go." The pool was packed. I had no idea this man people wold have brought swim suits. We got near the deeper end of the pool and set our towels down on a chair.
"Hey, Kenny" Sydney said. "guess what!" I turned around to say what when I was very suddenly pushed in the pool.
"That's not fair!" I whined jokingly. I quickly got out and ran up to her. She was in the middle of putting her hair up, which was perfect in my case. I pushed her into the pool (with minimal force) and jumped in next to her.
"Okay, now my mascara is running."
"No it's not."
"You're laughing."
"Because you were easy to push in."
"Well, maybe it's because you're built like a 19 year old and I'm built like a 12 year old." she said smiling, her smile turning into a laugh.
"It could be that, or it could be the fact that you weren't expecting something so obvious." I smirked at her.
"You wanna go, Holland?"
"Oh-ho-ho, you wanna go, Mortan?"
She splashed me and swam into the now-smaller crowd of people. I could hear her saying 'excuse me'. She got out of the pool, and I soon followed.
"Was that your feeble attempt at defeating me?" I asked her as we dried off.
"Hey, at least I made an attempt." I was about to respond when I saw Andrea coming out to us.
"Hi Kenny! Hi, uh-"
"Sydney." I said for her.
"Oh." she half said, half sorta growled. "Wanna go swimming?" she asked me, batting her eyes.
"Actually, Sydney and I just finished. We were headed inside, actually."
"Well, you two have fun." Andrea said sounding very annoyed.
"We will." Sydney sassily responded.