Chapter 8

Kenny's POV:

We pulled into Jc's driveway. There were a lot of people here. We got out of the car and walked inside. I looked around a little, then Jc came up and said hi.
"Jc, this is Kenny." Gilinsky said.
"I know Kenny! He's the one that made Sydney less bored at the airport."
"Yeah, that's me." I said laughing nervously.
"She's upstairs right now. She should be down in a little bit. And food is here in the kitchen and you can just search in the fridge for drinks. Bathrooms are all over the place. You can use the one in my room if you want." Jc was pretty chill. Then someone called for him and he walked away.
"That's not like typical Jc to be that informative." Johnson pointed out.
"Yeah, usually he'd say figure it out and leave you to it, or maybe not even introduce himself." Gilinsky added.
"Well he's probably trying to get to know everyone. We are gonna be with each other for the next couple of months, you know." I said kinda annoyed. There was a short silence between us. "I'm gonna go find a bathroom." I finally said. With that, we parted and I headed to the stairs. When I was on the second step, someone's hand touched my shoulder.
"You're Kenny Holland!" A girl with brunette hair said. I recognized her as Andrea Russet.
"Um, yeah. And you're Andrea Russet." I said smiling.
"Wow, it's really cool to meet you. I love your music!"
"Well thank you! I love your videos." I said awkwardly.
"So, where are you going exactly?"
"I was just gonna run to the bathroom really quick."
"Then I won't keep you," she said, a smile creeping up her face. "Talk to you later?"
"Definitely!" I said, walking up the rest of the stairs. I finally found a bathroom that wasn't being used and quickly scrambled inside. I looked in the mirror. My hair was a mess. I snooped through the drawers and found something that would work to fix it. It was getting so long it was annoying. After taking too long to make myself look presentable, I walked out. I checked my phone to see what time it was, and I ran into someone. And what would make it more love story and typical then for it to be Sydney.
"Uh- Kenny-"
"Hi, Sydney" I said laughing nervously for about the third time tonight.
"I was just heading downstairs to ask you a question." She said, grinning shyly. It made my heart skip a beat.
"Oh, well what was the- your wrist!"
"Kenny, it's really-it's been bad for a long time. I'm fine, really."
"What happened?"
"I broke it in 9th grade and it's not really healed completely. They had to operate on it."
"Wow. You're tough for your size."
"Ha-ha."
"Really. So what was your question?"
"Oh never mind." She said uncertainly, blushing.
"You sure?"
"No, actually. I don't know. I-" she choked out.
"Sydney, are you okay?" We made eye contact and she started crying.
And ran away.

Sydney POV:

'I. Did. Not. Just. Do. That.' I thought, as I closed the door to the guest room I was staying in. I sat on the ground, crying into my hands. 'Fucking anxiety'
There was a knock on the door.
"Uh, Syd? Are- are you alright? Can I come in?" Kenny asked. How was I supposed to respond to this? I didn't know what to do. I was so embarrassed. He eventually decided to open the door anyway. I was, to my own surprise, grateful.
"Sydney- are you -"
" I'm so sorry, Kenny." Is all I could manage to say.
"You don't have to be sorry. You told me at the airport, you get anxious. It's not your fault by any stretch of the imagination."
"I'm just, really sorry." I said, trying to control my breathing, as not to hyperventilate. Kenny sat down next to me. Part of me wanted him to leave, but part of me wanted him to stay and comfort me. I felt his warm hand land on my back and I flinched slightly. He started rubbing it, letting my cry without speaking anymore. He then wrapped his arms around me. And I fell asleep crying into his shoulder.