3) scars and revelations

Maddie's POV

Phil crunches down on a chip from a bag he hasn't yet payed for and I steal one fir good measure, watching out the gas station window as Alan chases off an innocent old man, "He's actually kind of funny." He says, throwing another chip into his mouth.  
Doug shrugs, "Yeah, he means well." 
"I'll hit an old man in public." Alan yells toward the man trying to walk away causing me to tilt my head to better observe."Is he like, autistic?" I question making Phil let a loud laugh out.  And oh my is it a ice melting sound. Doug rolls his eyes
"No, he's just an odd guy you know? Kind of weird but, he's fine." he responds. And I watch as Alan walks back over to the car, reading a book.
"I mean, should we be worried?" Phil inquired, stepping forward to the cashier and setting his half empty bag of chips down.
"He's fine." Doug says, "Though Tracy did mention that we shouldn't let him gamble. Or drink too much." He adds with a sigh. I step forward, setting a bottle of Jack Daniels and sprite in front of the cashier.  "Jesus he's like a gremlin" I start.
"comes with instructions and shit." Phil finishes the jokes, looking down at the alcohol I had picked out. "I like the way you think" he laughs lifting his fist witch I bumped in return.

I smirk, my eyes flickering down to Phil's lips, "You know how I am." I mutter before turning around to see Stu walking over with a bottle of water.

"hey Mattie what's that" phil says pointing at my chest, and I didn't need to look down to know he was pointing at my scar.
"Stop looking at my chest you perv" I say forcing a laugh trying to divert the attention. "Mattie what happened are you alright" all the cockieness now drained from his voice replaced with concern.
"Listen man it's no-"
"Don't give me that bullshit what the hell happened" his voice now growing angry.
"Listen we haven't seen each over in twelve years, I didn't even know you got married no matter divorced...just...just let it go man" I say but as I look into his eyes I know he hasn't dropped the topic.

"And one water." Stu adds, squeezing between Myself and Phil causing Me to turn back up into Him, my back bumping into his chest. And my breath hitched, waiting for Stu to get out of the way i can un-press myself from Phil. he didn't move, instead he brought his hands to My shoulder, squeezing the tension i had built up in my shoulders. He then leaned down to my ear and whispers "we are talking about this at the hotel" and I know better to challenge him so instead I close my mouth.

The movement cause me to press further into Phil, before finally Stu had paid and gave Phil and I our space. Phil dropped his hands and walked beside Stu on the way out of the gas station, I stand in slight shock while Doug watched me, "I knew it!" Doug whisper yelled. And I look  at him in confusion, "You guys totally had sex." 
I quickly shake my head, "No. No we have not." she denied, lie lie lie lie. No matter how much her and Phil flirted, and let the tension build, neither of them ever would admit to what happened the day they graduated. 
Doug smirked, "You guys are cute together." he simply said, heading out the door. I walk after him.  "Sorry, together? We are not together." I quickly shoot down Dougs suggestion who only smirked as a response.

They walked back to the car, Phil, Alan and Stu already sat. I smirk, an idea coming to mind.  If Phil was going to play that game, i can play it too. Rather than demanding Phil get out so i can get in the car, i simply step onto the door of the convertible and then turned my body so I am facing the front of the car, i shuffle over, stepping sideway's over Phil, making sure he had a perfect view. I step over into my seat, and jumped somewhat gracefully down.

Phil's body tensed as I had stepped over him, his eyes scanning the outline of my body. My shirt was purposely adjusted wrong so my red lace bra was visible. Phil looked out his side of the car, doing his best to ignore My squirming in the seat beside him. 

"All good with Melissa?" Doug questioned Stu, starting the car. He looked back at Stu with the rear view mirror. 
"Oh yeah, told her we're two hours outside of wine country and she bought it." Stu happily said making Phil and I roll our eyes. Phil cleared his throat, "You think its strange you've been in a relationship for years and you have to lie about Vegas?" he questioned Stu, leaning over and looking at him  Stu shrugged, "Yeah I do, but trust me, it's not worth the fight." he simply said, taking a swig of his water.

"Oh so you can't go to Vegas but she can fuck a bellhop on a Carnival Cruise Line?" Phil challenged, making me gasp in shock as I realise I truly knew nothing of their lives anymore and they didn't know anything about me in return. But before I can speak  Doug interjects, "Hey." he attempted to put the debate to rest, and failed.
"Okay first of all, he was a bartender and she was wasted." Stu said, making up an excuse, "And if you must know, he didn't even come inside her." I raise an eyebrow, "Is he serious?." I shake  her head, "all that work for nothing."  Phil chuckled, like the immature child he is "And you believe that?"
"Uh yeah, I do believe that because she's grossed out by semen." Stu shared, I  choke on my drink, letting a witch like cackle out.

Phil smirked, watching it, "Actually, I don't blame her." I shrug.
"Seriously Matt ?" everyone questioned. I just nod, "Yeah, you guys know you are what you eat." I state simply. Everyone sat there for a moment. 
"Well it's a good thing I drink plenty of pineapple juice." Phil whispered into My ear low enough that only I hear.  

And I burst into fits of giggles hiding the shiver that began to run down my neck, "I guess it's lucky for the the stripper." I responded. The two of us smirk at each other and then shake our heads.

"Who want's to be my spotter?" Alan suddenly spoke, reading a black jack book on counting cards.   Doug sighed, "I don't think you should be doing too much gambling tonight, Alan." he suggested, glancing over at an excited Alan. 

"Who said anything about gambling? It's not gambling if you know you're gonna win. Counting cards is a fool-proof system." Alan responded, crossing his arms over his chest like a toddler.  Phil smirks and so do I , "I think it's a great idea." I tease remembering our earlier conversation about the gremlin. 
"It's also illegal, Matt don't give him any ideas." Stu groaned making me smile.  Alan frowned, "it's not illegal it's frowned upon. Like masturbating on an airplane." he compared.

I raise an eyebrow, questioning everything Alan had just said.  "I'm pretty sure that's illegal too." Phil responded, looking at me trying not to laugh. "Trust me it is, but totally worth it" I whisper into his ear causing his eyes to widen in shock.

"Yeah maybe after 9/11 where everyone got so sensitive." Alan wondered, Doug gave him a confused, concerned look before turning his eyes back to the road.  I glanced over at Phil who had his left arm on the seat behind me and his right resting on my thigh now sending butterflies through me.

His orange glasses, reflecting the view in front of them. He was so fuçking attractive, I can't deny it. I know he was attractive ever since high school but now, when i look at him it was like he was a model, or a movie star. But we are not who we used to be I think. To myself subconsciously ripping my scar.