13) old friends and knockouts

Mattie/Mattie POV

'Fuck those guys, you hear me? That was bullshit I'm telling everybody we stole a cop car'' Stu rambled as we waited for our car 

"Fuck yeah fight the power" I laugh punching my fist in the air. This however, turns out to be a mistake on my part as it earns me the attention of Stu. Without missing a he grabs my arm dragging me away from the other two. Phil noticing growled in a protective stance but with one warning look from Stu he reluctantly stays put.

"Cancer?!" His voice holds anger yet also concern. "Cancer matt, fucking cancer"

"Yeah what about it" I shrug as if it wasn't anything.

"Don't 'yeah whatever me'" he mocks "you have- had cancer and you didn't call us Maddison" the seriousness hits me then when he uses my full name. I look up to see his eyes filled with tears. "You where dying and you didn't -you didn't- god Matt, how selfish are you. We are your family. And we would have received a fucking phone call. Or would you not even have the decency to invite us to the funeral"

"Stu-" I try to defend myself but before I can go further he interrupts me by pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Please tell me you weren't alone" he whispers above my head.

"I got treatment at my hospital, mark never left my side. He made a point of sitting next to me ever time for every test and every surgery no matter what" I say my voice horse from emotions.

"And he treats you right, this mark" he says hesitantly almost as if he knows of my past.

"He's not my partner" I laugh "he's the maid of honour at my wedding though apparently" with that Stu separates from me holding me at arms length and looking into my eyes.

"You're getting married" he says with pain but I don't know why.

"Yeah, yeah I am" I say happily full of love and I think he sees it.

"I-I don't know what to say, congrats man, who's the lucky guy" he goes on laughing his smile full of warmth and other emotions not so nice.

"His name is tom, Thomas Hiddleston. And he is the best man I have ever men Stu, he saved me when I was in a bad place and- and-" I sigh.

"You really love him huh?"

"I do, I really do"

With that we walk back to the group.

''They let us go who cares?'' Phil said tired exhausted from whatever conversation he's been having with Alan. The second he sees me it's like a moth to a flame and he's back to hanging on my belt loops.

''I care! You can't just do that, you can't just tase people, because you think it's funny, that's police brutality!'' Stu yelled going straight back to it and I let out a annoyed sigh burying my head in my hands rubbing my eyes.

Stu sighed  ''I'm getting a soda, you guys want anything?''he asked

''Vodka'' Phil said sarcastically looking down.

I raised my hand  ''See if they have any coffee or something like that, really anything with caffeine will do, I need it'' i said without looking up, it was true. I was exhausted and really needed the bitter heavenly goodness.

Stu walked off and I rested my chin on my knees staring in front of me .

''That man doesn't shut up, Jesus Christ'' Phil said and I just kept staring  ''Mattie, you okay?'' Phil asked and i looked at him his eyes hold love and concern.

''Guess I'm just really worried, I mean what if something really bad happened to Doug, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself'' I said lying over the real reason. I miss my fiancé I just want him to hold me as we watch movies till 2am eating cake.