Chapter 5

Saul walked the tiny corridors of his new quarters watching new recruits being assigned their new armor. He had already received his along with the entire special operation forces, feeling a confidence unlike any of them had before. The new armor and weapons given to them were so unique, it was almost as if they weren't even from the earth.

One of the sergeants came to him saluting, "Sir. The President would like to speak with you."

A wave of shock went across his face, "Sir. He wishes to speak with me?"

"Yes, sir." said the sergeant, "ASAP, sir."

Saul saluted, "Roger that, sir."

Max Luc sat in his office looking out the transparent glass window at the huge barracks below him. Metallic structures all around, soldiers being lined up and given their new assets. He felt a certain pride over his new army. After taking office, he assigned a new special tasks force just for his key missions. No one who rebelled against him would survive. He grinned menacingly, "Everything is going according to plan." he spoke to the air, "Soon enough, the world will be mine."

A knock at his door wiped his grin away, "Come on in."

A soldier came in and saluted, "You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Yes, please." he motioned toward the soft chair in front of his desk. Saul looked around the office. The dark walls filled with weird symbols and pictures of people who tried to escape. Certain areas pinpointed on a world map, showing which regions were under control. He watched as the president, Max Luc, retrieved a file from his desk. His jet black suit matching the color of his dark hair, a powerful dark red tie bringing out his reddish brown eyes. Everything about him said power.

"I have a certain mission for you, Commander Macy."

Saul sat down as the president slid a manila folder over to him. He looked at the red, bold print "CLASSIFIED" and wondered what his mission will be.

Max Luc continued, "You and a select group of the finest soldiers will be sent into the forests to clear out any communities of hiding rebels. Rebels have been reported seen fleeing into the wilderness."

Saul listened closely as he went through the files of his new mission.

"I want you to rid any rebels you can. With any means necessary."

Saul looked up from the folder.

Max Luc looked darkly at him, "Am I understood?"

Saul gulped nervously, "Yes, sir."