Chapter 6

The two old cars stopped at the end of a small trail surrounded by endless trees. The sun had already gone down and the moon was glowing brightly with a few dark clouds forming in the corner of the black sky. "Looks like it might rain." said Tom as he peered out the dusty window.

"We should make a camp for the night." said Mary stepping out, "Maybe hide the cars, then build a fire."

Matt crawled out of the car, "Sounds good to me. Do we have any tents?"

Tom grabbed a few bags, "Yep. I came prepared. We have canned food and a supply of water that should last us a few months if we use it wisely."

"Toilet paper too?" Matt teased.

Tom grabbed a pack of fresh toilet paper rolls, "Actually, yes."

"Oh." Matt said as he grabbed a sleeping bag.

Luke and Rebecca got of their car and met up with the others. "We should do this fast just in case it starts raining." said Luke.

"Okay. Here you go." said Mary as she handed everyone a sleeping bag.

Tom and Luke went for fire wood as everyone else set up the tents. When they came back with wood, Mat and Mary made a fire. They all sat around the warm fire and finally feeling safe. Tim and Rachel sat closely together eating bits of a burnt marshmallow. Matt rubbed his hands together, "Say, got any Hershey bars?"

Tom frowned, "Sorry, chocolate wasn't on my list."

"Grabs everything on earth except for chocolate." grumbled Matt to himself.

After the fire burnt out, they all went to their tents. Matt and Mary sharing one, Tim and Rachel sharing an extra large tent with Luke and Rebecca while Tom stayed up keeping guard. He watched carefully for any signs of danger. Whether it be an animal or a slave to the government looking for blood to satisfy the new dictator. After several hours, Tom began to tire. His eyes becoming dreary and heavy, but he had to stay up. He had to make sure there would be no surprise attack on them.

He decided to open his Bible to keep awake and pass the time. He opened it and fell to Isaiah 66:6 "A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies."

What does that mean, thought Tom. A voice of noise from the city, could it be the uproar? From the temple, maybe the church? A voice of the Lord, He'll be here soon. Tom was sure of it.

Suddenly, a bush off in the distance moved.

Tom closed his Bible and watched closely. No surprise attacks here.