Chapter 11

He laid on the ground, tossing and turning in his bed of leaves. Armor hanging above him in a dark tree, menacingly swaying back and forth, looking like a demon about to take his soul. His sleep filled with evil nightmares of dying people. People bleeding by his hands. He remembered that day. The day like no other. He was used to killing. He never enjoyed it, but after a while, it just seemed normal. But that family wasn't like the rest. They just weren't.

He ran through the streets, past burning window stores. Cars on the brink of explosion. People running, screaming, and falling lifelessly. He aimed his gun, one, two, three shots and went down a husband, a wife, a teenage girl. He aimed again. Pow! Pow! Pow! A young couple holding hands fell to the dirty streets, their clothes being stained crimson. He turned around and shot again. This time taking out a mother and father. Then a young girl and a boy came to the lifeless bodies and knelt toward them. The boy looked up at him, anger and tears in his eyes. The girl trying to wake up her fallen parents. Her screams echoed, "Mommy! Daddy! Wake up!"

His gun fell limply to his side. The boy grabbed his sister and they ran away. The girl looking at him with innocent eyes, tears streaming down her dirty face, blood on her hands. What had he done? Then the parents got up. They walked toward him with stiffness. They came at him and grabbed him, looking deep in his eyes. "You did this!" they screamed and cried.

He awoke, sweat on his dark face. He looked around at the others. They were sound asleep. "It was just a bad dream." he said to himself, "That's all."

The wind echoed through the trees and he looked up, jumping back from the dark, evil armor. He wiped his face off and got up. He headed away from the group. The memories replaying through his head. He couldn't rid himself of the images. He started to cry as he looked toward the heavens. "What have I done?" said Saul, "What have I done?