XXVII.

XXVII
- deadly doll : jesse jo stark -
"falling in love lead by a fool"

XXVII- deadly doll : jesse jo stark - "falling in love lead by a fool"

i crash down the corridors of the sanctuary.

i am not spending another minute in this prison. this glorified hell hole.

my boots hit heavy on the concrete floor, my strides are misdirected, rum still ripe in my system.

"billie" he yells. "billie!"
"billie" his voice echoes down the hall. racing after me,"billie".

as i reach the entrance of the canteen i break out into a sprint. i can see my exit. i know where to go.

my head is on fire. panting and spluttering, i race like my life depends on it. hell, it might.

the doors of the canteen swing open as i smash into them. the mild night air hits my face like a brick.

a few more strides and i've reached the gate. i look up. i can definitely scale it, i think.

the freedom of the woods is calling to me.

his voice is calling to me.

"go!" i hear him shout, "i dare you".

i turn my head to lay my eyes on him. he's been caught off guard, no lucille, no familiar leather jacket.
his hair is tousled and wild, but i know how that happened. i watched that happen first hand.

"oh don't worry, i'm going" i snap back at him.

"you won't last a day out there without me"

i ignore him. that's bullshit and he knows it. i was doing just fine before i met him. i'm a fighter. he said so himself.

kicking my shoes into the gaps of the wire fence and hauling myself from the ground, i manage to climb my way several feet high on the border. my split palm leaving the metal i touch stained red.

"what th-"

i feel a hand on my ankle. i shake my leg vigorously to remove it, until suddenly a hoard of hands come to drag me from the fence.

i kick and i scream and i curse, but to no avail.

his men hold me tightly by the limbs, and lift me as if i weigh nothing. they're taking me back, directed by negan, into the sanctuary.

"fuck you negan, fuck you" i cry, as i'm carried past the man and through the sanctuary doors once again.

i let my body hang limp. god i feel hopeless. i try to disassociate, clock out.

finally i feel myself being tipped upright again. placed down firmly into a chair surrounding a large metal table. negan's meeting room. i've never been on this side of the wall.

"leave" negan orders as he enters the room. the men who had carried me here shuffle back out quickly.

he walks round to the head of the table. lucille swung threateningly over his shoulder.

i lower my head, and keep it down.

"so what?" he smashes the horrid bat down in front of my face. "a man's not allowed to get his dick wet anymore?"

my stomach sinks; my lungs empty, like the wind has been knocked out me. but i don't speak. i don't have the energy anymore.

"fuck billie. a little alcohol in your system and you've become a psycho. threatening me with that broken fucking glass? that shit will not stand!"

he's stood opposite me now, palms slammed on the tabletop. i lift my head up, and he lowers himself to reach my gaze.

"well?" he prods.

"i don't understand. what did i do wrong?"

he mocks me, remarking "she speaks!", before he answers my question.

"oh doll, you've done nothing wrong. i was just sampling my newest saviour."

a smirk forms on his face. he's biting his tongue as if trying to hold back laughter. if so, he has a wicked sense of humour.

"and i've come to the conclusion; that no one does it like you my dear."

i grimace at him, "you're disgusting".

"you love it" he teases.

i push myself from the table and stand tall. cringing as the chair makes a horrid screeching sound as it scrapes the floor backwards.

he raises an arm and beckons me to him. curling his fingers, enticing me. that same cocky smile still plastered on his face.

"i'm going to my room."

i resist his effort to pull me in, and turn to leave the room.

"correction: you're going to my room. i've moved your stuff in. you'll be sleeping with me from now on."

what? i try to tell him no. no way. my breath hitches and my protests get stuck in my throat.

the last thing i want to do right now is spend the night with negan. in fact, i never want to spend a night with negan ever again.

he struts around to my side of the table. whistling obnoxiously as he does.

he lands a hand on the small of my back with some force.
"cmon roomie" he twirls lucille in the other hand. reminding me who's in charge.

"it's past your bedtime".