XIV.

XIV.
- work song : hozier -
"heaven and hell were words to me"

- work song : hozier -"heaven and hell were words to me"

i wake up. the clock on my bedroom wall reads 5:42 am.

my eyesight blurs as i adjust to the darkness. my hand reaches for the box of matches on my bedside. i pinch one and spark it up, the flame flickers.

the floor is freezing as my feet touch it. i pace across the room and light a candle. staring in the mirror, i can't help but smile.

i step into a pair of cargo pants and pull a small vest over my head.

negan has planned a supplies run. just me and him. really it's less about supplies than just leaving the sanctuary for a day.

we're leaving at 1pm. i need the hours to fly til then.

i have a few jobs to do this morning. i'm to help clean some spare rooms ready for new saviours. everyone here has to learn to respect negan and our way of life, before they're aloud refuge in the sanctuary.

setting off down the halls, my eyes feel puffy and i let out a yawn.

"morning!" i shout at simon.
trying to deter his attention from the metal chair he is hauling through a door. he's been instructed to move furniture to accommodate for a family room.

"and to you billie." he responds monotonously.

oh fucking hell. these few hours are going to be deadly.

i begin to mop the laminate floor of the first bedroom, humming as i go along.

my mind wanders to negan.

is he excited about today? about seeing me?

he must be.

i picture his face. his eyes, his beard, his thick lips and the way he often smirks.

simon carries a small mirror into the room and rests it on top of a chest. catching my reflection; i decide i really must cut my hair.