Ch.Eight

Ella didn't know how to talk to Simon about the baby. Especially since she had just spit it out at him. She knew it was a huge complicated mess.

When she woke that morning, she made her way downstairs. Tom handed her some breakfast. He smiled. "You have to keep your strength up. I can't believe I'm going to be an uncle and a grandad within a couple months," he said.

Ella smiled slightly. She nodded. "I know. It's weird."

"Does the father know about the baby?" He asked.

Ella sighed. "It's complicated at the moment dad. I don't want to talk about it," she told him.

Tom nodded and handed her a glass of orange juice. He knew he was going to struggle with his daughter being pregnant. But he had to get used to it.

***
Ella went to school. She saw Aimee and Simon. Ella walked over to them. She hugged her aunt. "I can't believe we're both preggers at the same time," she told her.

Aimee laughed and nodded. "I know. Are you okay though babes? You're coping okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just finding it weird at the moment. But I'm excited for it. I just want my baby to be healthy. That's all I care about," Ella said.

***
Simon went to find Ella. She was sitting in the common room with Barry Barry. She looked up at him. "Ella. Can I have a word please?" He asked.

Ella nodded and walked off with Simon. He took her into his office and smiled. "How are you?" He asked.

Ella shrugged. "I'm okay. I'm just tired. And morning sickness is kicking in."

Simon smiled. "Does anyone know I'm the father? As I think we would be in a lot of trouble," he said.

"No. No one knows about the baby daddy yet. I'm just worried that I'll be the one who gets the grief if anyone does find out."

Simon took her hand. "I will do anything I can to help you. I promise. That's my baby and I will support you."

"Thank you. I know it'll be hard. But I think I can do it. And if I have your help, I know I can."

"Definitely. I do care about you."

***
Ella sighed as she walked into the living room. Aimee was there. Tom smiled. "Look at the two baby mamas. My daughter and my sister."

Aimee laughed. "Yeah. Now you're pregnant, you can come baby shopping with me. I'll help you with anything you need. Baby clothes, bottles etc."

"Thank you Aimee."

"You're welcome babes. You're not going to be alone. I promise you," Aimee said as she hugged her niece.

***
Ella was lying in bed when she got a text from Simon;

'Hey. I got your number from Aimee's phone. Wanted to check if you're okay - Simon x'

Ella smiled slightly and replied. She knew that everything was complicated. Especially as she was pregnant by her aunty's boyfriend.

She typed out a text back to him;

'I'm okay. I'm just feeling sick at the moment. Thank you - Ella x'

Ella laid in bed and sighed. She knew that she had to somehow make things work. Especially with the baby. But with how her life was going to change, could she cope with her baby?