Ch.TwentyTwo

Ella knew how Tom had told her that unless she kept away from
Simon, then he was going to report him. She hated how she felt so alone.

Her own dad was threatening to take the man she loved away from her. It was tense at home and Ella didn't know how much more she could cope with.

She couldn't keep away from Simon. Despite the risk. She couldn't. She knew he was the one person who understood her. He was there for her. And that's what she needed. Someone who was there for her on her side.

Ella felt as though she was willing to give up everything for Simon. And she wouldn't care. She just needed to somehow make it all seem okay.

All that Ella knew was that things weren't the same. And she had no idea how she was even going to cope with it all. She felt like things were too much.

Morning came and she was sitting on the sofa. Tom walked in and sighed. "I hope you're going to listen to me when I say keep away from Simon."

Ella rolled her eyes. She looked to him. "Why do you want to ruin my life? He makes me happy. Surely you can understand that given how many affairs you've had," she said.

"There's a difference there darling. None of them were my students. You're gonna keep away from him. Or else," Tom said.

"And if I don't? You can't report him if there's no proof. I'll deny everything. There's no proof."

Tom frowned. He couldn't believe how his daughter was acting. He knew that she had been warped by Simon. And he needed to get his girl back. Before she became too distant.

"What has he done to you? You're not yourself," Tom said.

Ella shrugged and looked to him. "He hasn't done anything apart from make me happy," she said as she stood and walked off.

***
Ella walked into the common room. She saw how everyone was looking at her. "Fuck this," she said as she turned and walked off.

She was about to walk out of school when Aimee stopped her. "Where are you going?" She asked.

Ella turned to her. She sighed. "I've had enough of all this. Everyone looks at me like I'm a freak. I can't help that I've fallen in love with someone. I don't care about the age difference. I love him," she told her auntie.

Aimee smiled. "Trust me. I know all too well what that is like. But you can't give up everything honey. I know you're feeling like it's the end of the world. But you can make it through," she said.

"Can I?"

"Yeah. You're strong."

***
Ella arrived at Simon's house. He opened the door and pulled her inside. "You shouldn't be here," he told her.

Ella rolled her eyes. "I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me what I can and can't do. I love you Simon. And nothing will stop that. Which is why I've been thinking."

"Oh?"

Ella nodded and sighed. "I think we should leave together. Because no one will let us be together. So leaving is our only option," she said.

Simon looked to her and frowned. But could they really run away together?