Ch.Seventeen

Ella sat in bed and sighed. She knew it was all getting messy now. And she couldn't handle it. She couldn't handle how everything was falling apart.

The door opened and Tom walked in. He looked to his daughter. "Listen. Aimee is downstairs. She wants to talk to you," he said.

Ella sighed and looked to him. She didn't want to talk to Aimee. She knew she would end up telling her the truth. "Tell her I'm not well," she mumbled.

"Don't even try that. Excuse me Tom."

Ella looked up as Aimee walked into the room. She sighed as Aimee sat on the bed. Tom left the room. Ella sighed. "I didn't do anything."

"I know you didn't. Has Simon tried anything with you? I need to know. I won't be mad. But please," Aimee said.

Ella shook her head. "He's never tried anything with me. I promise you."

"Okay. Thanks El. Want me to take you into school?"

"Yeah please. My dad is taking a day off. I don't know why," Ella said.

***
Ella went into school. She saw Simon who frowned as he saw her with Aimee. Aimee walked off.

Simon quickly walked over to Ella. "What's going on?" He asked.

"She asked me if there was anything going on with us. She asked if you had tried anything with me. I lied though. I hate lying to my auntie. She's my best friend. The only one I can actually talk to," Ella said as she looked to him.

Simon sighed and nodded. He looked to her. "It's going to be okay. Aimee won't ever find out anything. I promise," he told her.

Ella said nothing as she walked off. She hated how messy that everything was. She hated how she was lying to everyone.

***
Ella was sitting in the common room. She looked to see Aimee walking in. "Hey. So I've been thinking. And I'd love you to be my daughter's godmother."

Ella looked to her. She couldn't believe it. "I-I... okay."

Aimee smiled. "Listen. I'm sorry for accusing you of sleeping with Simon. I know you wouldn't."

"It's okay. I wouldn't do that to you. I really wouldn't. You're my auntie. My best friend. I love you."

"Love you too kiddo. I should go. I'm running late for a meeting. A meeting I genuinely don't want to be in," she said.

Ella watched as she walked off. She knew that she couldn't keep lying to everyone. She wanted to be honest and tell everyone. But she knew the repercussions it would have on everyone.

***
Ella walked into Tom's classroom. He was there. She looked to her dad. "You wanted to see me?" She asked as she looked to him.

Tom nodded. He turned to her. He wasn't impressed at all. "I want to know one thing. How long have you been having an affair with Simon Lowsley?" He asked.

Ella paled as she looked to her dad. She knew that she couldn't get out of this now. She knew she couldn't hide it.

"Daddy. I think I've messed up," Ella sobbed.

Tom pulled her into an hug. But could Tom find a way to stay calm when Ella told him the whole truth about everything.