HALLOWEEN

Kate dressed up in her Chucky clothes, slightly curled her red-hair, and applied her make up.

Max wore her black suit and she brought a Michael Myers mask and a pumpkin.

Billy already left to go to Tina's party so they walked together towards the spot Dustin told them to be at.

"Let's scare them." Max said, putting on the Michael Myers mask.

They saw the 4 boys coming in view. They decided Max would jump out in front of them and Kate would sneak behind them and scare them for a second time.

"Boo!" Max jumped in front of them making them jump while Lucas made a girl like scream.

"Shit you should've seen your faces." Max said, laughing at the boys waiting for Kate to jump out and scare them again.

"Shit Max that's not........." Lucas started but then heard a creepy kid like laugh and they all turned to see nobody there. They heard the laugh again behind them so they turned around just to see no one there.

"BOO!" Kate yelled, and like last time the boys literally jumped out of there skin but instead of Lucas screaming like a girl, it was Dustin.

"Some boys you are screaming like 4 year old girls." Kate laughed at the 4 boys standing in front of her.

Max and Kate started walking forward but turned around to see the boys just standing there with pale faces.

"Hey, you guys coming or not? Oh, I heard we should hit up Loch Nora. That's where rich people live, right?", Max chuckled.

"Come on." Kate grinned as Dustin and Lucas looked at each other happily, After a while Will, Dustin, and Lucas followed her sister while Kate stayed back to talk to Mike.

"Ok, I feel like you have a problem with us being here." Kate stated. Mike looked shocked at her considering he thought he hid it well.

"Uh, no It's just I don't feel right having another girl in the party let alone two." Mike said, acknowledging that he just talked about El to an outsider.

"Wait, another girl. Who are you talking about. I haven't seen you talk to any girl at school." Kate said, wanting to know more about what happened before they got there.

"Her name was Eleven and she went missing once we found Will from the woods. She was my best friend and I feel like I'm betraying her by letting other girls in." Mike admitted without trying to give to much information considering it was classified and she would think he was crazy either way.

"And I feel like if she was to ever be found or come back she would feel like I was replacing her with someone else." Mike said truthfully.

"So you feel like she would come back to see you living this perfect life without her and not want to come back?" Kate asked, trying to understand the situation.

"Yeah, pretty much." Mike said, with a dull tone.

"Well if I was to join your party I would assure you that I would never try and replace that special girl of yours." Kate said, while putting her arm on his shoulders.

"Well, as party leader I would like to say welcome to the party; but what would your name be?" Mike said, liking this girl a lot more now that they are actually having a civil conversation with her.

"I will leave that up to you." Kate said, with a slight chuckle.

"Hey can you guys stop flirting and get up here!" Max shouted at the two party members in the back.

"Shove off Max, we're not flirting. If you must know I just made a new friend." Kate stated proudly as she skipped up to her sister, leaving a blushing Mike and a not so noticeable sad Lucas.

"You ok Sinclair?" Kate asked, noticing Lucas was all of a sudden quiet since she came.

"Uh, yeah, I just wanted to say you look really pretty." Lucas said in a note so normal shy tone.

"Thanks. You look...nerdy....but cool." Kate said smiling at Lucas.

-A little while later-

"Another full size, like, seriously, rich people are such suckers." Dustin said as they walked away from the house.

"Wait, you're not rich are you?" Dustin asked the two girls.

"No, we live on Old Cherry Road." Max said, laughing slightly at the boy.

"Oh." Dustin said. "No, It's fine. I mean the street's good for skating." Max said.

Dustin, Max, and Lucas were in the front while Kate, Mike, and Will were in the back.

Kate looked at Will who was fiddling with a big old fashion camera.

"I-I don't think we met I'm Will." Will said, shyly introducing himself.

"Yeah, I know who you are. It's nice to meet you." Kate said smiling.

Mike looked at will annoyed, "Did you agree to this?" Mike asked.

"What?", Will put down the camera. "To her joining our party." Mike looked at Will

"We agreed to having Kate come and Max is her sister so shouldn't it be ok?" Will said, completely oblivious to the situation. "It's just for Halloween, Mike."

"They should've checked with me." Mike said, as he stared at the 3 people in front of them.

"Well, they were just excited, I guess we thought that you'd be ok with it." Will said.

Kate walked up to the 3 people in the front not really caring about the conversation Mike and Will were having. She walked on the right side of Lucas and put her arm around his shoulders.

"Hi." Kate said in a cheerful mood.

"Hey, Kate." Lucas said, happy that he's talking to her.

"So I was wondering if you would like to hang out sometime. Like maybe go to the diner and then the skating rink." Kate said, wanting to spend more time with the boy she now realized she had a slight crush on.

"Yeah, sure um how bout' Saturday?" Lucas asked, really hoping it would work out.

"Yeah that works for me so, meet me at the diner say 6?" Kate asked.

Yeah that'll work." Lucas said.

They continued talking all night. Even though everytime she talked to him she seemed so cool and put together she felt this really weird feeling in her stomach and felt really nervous around him. She was looking forward to this date-not date.