THE DATE NOT-DATE

Kate woke up in the morning happy because of what was about to happen at 6. She went to her closet and picked out an outfit and headed to the kitchen to eat some cereal before she ran into Max.

"Hey Kate I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" Max asked, really just wanting to get out of the house.

"Uh, it depends on what time because I have something to do today." Kate said truthfully.

Max was about to reply when Billy came out of nowhere. "Where are you going?" Billy asked leaning against the doorframe.

"Nowhere that concerns you." Kate said, while fixing some Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"Oh but you see dear step-sister, everything you do concerns me." Billy said, walking up to them.

"If you must know I'm hanging out with a friend." Kate said, wanting this conversation to be over.

"Then why isn't Max going?" Billy asked. "Why does she need to come? Why can't I have my own friends?" Kate asked.

"The only time I see you hang out with your so called friends, I always see you hanging out with those boys. And everytime you hang out with those boys Max hangs out with them. So what I'm asking is are you hanging out with one of those boys alone?" Billy said, making a good point.

"I'm done with this conversation." Kate stated, walking to her bedroom with her cereal.

"What were you doing?" Max asked, worried for her sister.

"Trying to get her to admit that she's going on a date with a boy that's no good for her." Billy said, walking away to his room.

Little did Kate know she would be having a plus one one her date not-date.

- Time skip because I'm lazy-

Kate arrived at the diner to see Lucas standing there.

"Hey Sinclair." Kate said with a smile.

"Hey Kate. You ready?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah let's go." Kate and Lucas walked into the diner and sat at a booth.

"Ok so you were the first person to talk to me even though it wasn't exactly civil you still talked to me when all the others were too scared to talk to us I just wanted to ask why?" Kate asked.

"Uh well I just wanted to actually get to be able to talk to you even if it wasn't exactly a civil conversation." Lucas said. Kate gave a slight chuckle and was about to say something else when a waitress in a vintage outfit came.

"Hi, I'm Tory and I'll be your waitress for today. Can I start you guys off with some drinks?" She said, with a fake tone of happiness.

"Can I get a Sprite." Kate asked with a smile.

"I'll take a Coke." Lucas said.

"Ok so I'm thinking of getting a hamburger with fries and a vanilla milkshake." Kate said laughing.

"Ok good so I don't have to pretend to want something healthy." Lucas said, with a laugh.

"Why would you do that?" Kate asked.

"Because I wanted to impress you." Lucas said. "Why would you want to impress me?" Kate asked, just wanting to know if he felt how she felt. "Because I like you. And I want this not-date to be an actual date." Lucas said.

Kate smiled and grabbed his hand "I would like it to be a date too." After that talk the dinner part of the date went well. Lucas tried to catch fries in his mouth and failed miserably they had a good time together and the date wasn't even done.

Kate and Lucas rode on his bike to the skating rink with Billy following right behind them obviously not being seen by the two teens.

"I hope you're good at skating because I will wipe the floor with you." Kate said from behind him.

"Ok, I might not be as good at skating as you are but I can skate." Lucas said chuckling.

"Well, actions speak louder than words don't they." Kate said, putting her chin on his shoulder.

A few minutes later they arrived at the skating rink.

"Come on let's get some skates." Lucas said, grabbing her hand.

"I always bring my own skates but I'll come with you to get yours." Kate said with a smile.

"Ok, fair enough." Lucas said, walking over to the counter. He got his skates and sat down to put them on.

They did multiple races and skated with their hands entwined. They were skating together when a slow song started to play. They slowed down and leaned in meeting in the middle. The kiss made her feel like her heart was exploding. The kiss ended after a while and they returned his shoes. Little did they know Billy was watching everything unfold.

"Can we talk about the kiss because I don't want to be like the stereotypical friends who kiss and act like everythings fine when it's actually not." Kate asked, hoping he felt the same way.

"Ok, like I said at the diner I like you and I would like to ask you. Do you want to maybe go on another date soon and possibly be my girlfriend?" Lucas asked nervously.

"Yes Lucas, I'll go on another day with you and possibly be your girlfriend." Kate said with a slight chuckle.

"But you have to tell me everything. No more secrets." And with that he did. He told her everything that happened last year.

"Wow." Was all she could say. "I know i sound crazy but-" Lucas said but Kate cut him off. "Yes crazy but I believe you." Kate said honestly.

They talked all the way to her house. She kissed him goodnight and all was well until she got in the house.

                                                  ------------------------------------------------------

I have never been on a date so I only have experience from shows, movies, and Wattpad books I hope it's ok.
Update: I feel like I rushed the relationship to fast but in all honesty I just wanted to get to the story sorry if it's to fast or to stupid.