WEIRD ALIEN DOG THINGS

They were walking on the railroad while Lucas was catching them up on everything. They arrived at the junkyard when Lucas yelled, "I said, medium well!".

Kate waved at Dustin and then looked at the older boy who looked to be around the same age as Billy.

"Who are these random kids?" The boy with the nice hair said, quite rudely may I add.

The kids ignored him and went to work. Kate and Max helped each other get metal scraps and Lucas and Dustin went talking behind a beat down bus.(A/C: I think. I'm not really sure what it was.)

Steve. I learnt to learn his name as, banged a chair against the vehicle the boys were talking to.

"Hey, dickheads! How come the only ones helping me are these two random girls? We lose light in 40 minutes. Let's go!"

"Hey, Dickward! These random kids have names!" Kate said.

Steve decided to ignore the younger girl and instead said, "Let's go I said!"

"Alright! Asshole! God!"

"Okay, stupid!"

The two redheads laughed at how stupid the boys were being and went back to working. They all put the scraps of metal on the bus, adding things for "protection" inside of it.

Steve poured gasoline on a meat pile that led somewhere in the distance. They all stepped into the bus and sat and waited.

...

"See anything babe?" Kate asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Nothing yet, but a lot of fog." Lucas said, looking around through his binoculars.

Kate went up the stairs to talk to her boyfriend while Max started asking a bored Steve questions.

(With Max, Dustin, and Steve)

"So you really fought one of those things before?" Max asks Steve, not really believing what Lucas told her.

He nodded slightly and then went back to flicking the lighter.

"And you're, like, totally, one hundred percent sure it wasn't a bear?" Max asked hesitantly.

"Shit. Don't be an idiot. Okay? It wasn't a bear." Dustin said rudely taking advice from none other than Steve 'the one who only had one girlfriend and couldn't keep her' Harrington. "Why are you even here if you don't believe us"?

"Kate's here!" Max pointed out.

"Yeah because she's actually a part of the party and she believes us." "Barely" Max mumbles. "Just go home." Dustin said, still using advice from the most single person ever. (A/C: honestly Dustin how do you not notice that his ways didn't even keep his girlfriend.)

"Geez, someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" Max said getting up to head towards the back of the bus bored knowing her sister was possibly up the stairs having a private talk with Lucas.

"That's good. Just show her you don't care." Steve said, whispering slightly so Max wouldn't hear.

"I don't".

Steve winks, "Why are you winking. Steve, Stop"

Steve goes back to flicking the lighter while Dustin sits down. It's quiet except for the mumbled voices until they heard a growl.

(With Kate and Lucas)

"OK, so I know we won't be able to go on our second date with all this going on but there is something that we forgot to do before our first date." Kate said, not being able to see anything and decided to fill the void.