Chapter 2: Sworn Through Swords

Chapter 2

Alice "Finding Jean is not gonna be easy, Rexs soilders weren't out now, but who knows when they'll come back"

Arcanum "So we'll go by nightfall, we can use the darkness to our advantage, I was able to use a shadow clone to send a message to Jean, we'll be meeting up in the middle of the city"

Alice "If we're lucky, we shouldn't run into any trouble on the way"

Jason stood listening, after they were done talking, he went outside to smoke.

A few minutes later Alice joined him outside, she was wearing a black corset that left much of her chest bare with black leather pants with a double belt and black knee-high boots, her long purple hair was tied in a long ponytail with bangs covering her eyes.

Alice "You OK?"

Jason merely nodded.

Alice "Thank you, for agreeing to help us"

Jason "OK"

Alice "I'm serious, this means the world to us"

Jason "Alright then"

After a minute of silence Alice finally spoke again.

Alice "You ready for tonight?"

Jason nodded

Alice "Alright, I'll leave you be for a moment"

She went back Inside, Jason sighed to himself, he wondered if this Jean woman would help them in this job.

He thought about the team back home, he thought about how he was gonna apologise to them all for leaving, he could just text them he's sorry, but only a coward does that.

Jason sighed and took another drag of his cigarette, an hour later Alice came back out.

Alice "Hey, Arcanum needs you"

Jason put his cigarette out, threw it away and went inside.

Arcanum "Alright, we need to go over the plan"

Arcanum then pulled up a map of the city, he had highlighted a path threw some of the alleyways.

Arcanum "We leave in 2 hours, this is how we'll get there, it's the best way"

Alice "I'm ready, I am sick of living in the shadows"

Arcanum "Jason?"

Jason nodded, Arcanum looked pleased.

Arcanum "Now, we wait till nightfall"

2 hours later

All 3 of them went outside the house, fully prepared, they then followed Arcanum on the path he set, due to their dark clothing they seemed to blend into the shadows, although their pale skin seemed to glow in the moonlight.

Jason saw that Alice was clinging on tightly to Arcanum, Jason was reminded of whenever Violet used to hold onto him, he sighed to himself and started to smoke again.

After about half an hour of walking, they were finally near the location of where they were supposed to meet Jean.

Arcanum "It's close, I can feel"

Alice "Are you sure Arcanum?"

Arcanum "Trust me, I know"

They continued to walk some more until they reached city centre, it was as barren as the rest of the city.

Alice "It's quiet, too quiet"

Arcanum "Bingo!"

Arcanum pointed to where they were supposed to wait, they saw a woman standing there, Jason presumed this was Jean.

Alice "Bingo?"

Arcanum "Mhmm... Bingo!"

Alice "Oh OK..... Bingo!"

BANG!

They both look back, Jason had just shot a demon that was following them.

Jason "Not Bingo"

Arcanum wasn't sure if Jason was joking since Jason's face still had its stone cold bored look to it, however there were more Demons coming after them and they had to act fast.

Suddenly, a figure then burst through the shadows, she had fiery red hair, bright orange eyes, a toned slim figure and her pretty face was in a state of concentration.

She rushed at Jason and swung her sword at him, Jason merely sidestepped the attack and she prepared to strike again.

Jean "So, your the so called 'Prince Of Darkness' huh? You got a jacked-up notion of fair play pal, and it's beginning to piss me off"

Jean charged at Jason again and swung her sword at him again and again, Jason merely dodged them all and pushed her to one side, his face remained unchanged, however Jean managed to nearly trip up him from outta nowhere.

Jason "You got a trick up your sleeve."

Jean "I thought the cat had your tongue. If it's a trick you're looking for... then try this!"

She plunged her sword into the ground and Jason took a closer look at it, the handle was specially customized with a motorcycle-like grip, when Jean twisted it, flammable fuel sprayed all across the blade, Jean swung it 3 times and the entire blade was engulfed in flames.

Jason "I don't have time for an inconvenience"

Jean "Inconvenience? Well... If that's how you see me I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass."

She then revved up her sword again and pointed to Jason's

Jean "What's the point of packing a sword like that If you're not even gonna use it?"

Jason took out his sword Celine, plunged it into the ground and mimicked the revving motion Jean was doing.

This seemed to infuriate her, she began to violently swing her blade at Jason who merely parryed them all with his own sword strikes, finally he chopped Jean on the back of the neck which knocked her out.

Jason turned around and saw that Arcanum and Alice had dealt with the demons.

Alice "Don't worry Jason! We handled it!"

Jason "Oh..... K"

He then picked up Jean, put her against the wall and splashed water on her to wake her up.

Jean "What the hell?"

Arcanum "Jean, it me!"

Jean "Arcanum?"

She then cleared her eyes and saw Jason, she immediately pulled out a gun however, Jason merely slapped it outta her hand.

Jean "Why the hell is he with you?"

Alice "He's helping us defeat Rex"

Jean looked at Alice with shock in her face, However she merely shook her head and stood up.

Jean "Whatever, its not safe for her to talk here, let's get to the safe house"

They started to walk away, however Jean grabbed Jason and pulled him to one side.

Jean "I've got my eye on you, you got that?"

Jason "It may seem hard to believe, but I'm not your enemy"

Jean "Hmph.... We'll see about that"

To Be Continued