Chapter 10: It Has To Be This Way

Chapter 10

Jason, Jeanne and Arcanum were preparing for the fight of their lives, they had no idea if they would survive or not, but all they knew was that they had to do this.

Jeanne had put away her old sword and pulled a new one out from the armoury, the sword was a silver katana with a long and slightly curved blade, Both the grip and scabbard of the sword was predominantly black.

Arcanum "A new weapon?"

Jeanne "I have a feeling this will help me more"

Arcanum "Hmm.... Well it's your call"

Jeanne "Hey... Where's Jason?"

Arcanum "I think he was outside smoking"

Jeanne went outside and found Jason leaning against a wall with his eyes closed.

Jeanne "You OK?"

Jason opened his eyes and nodded.

Jeanne "This is not gonna be easy, you sure you're ready?"

Jason "I've dealt with people like Rex before, I should be fine"

Jeanne "I wish I had your confidence"

Jason "You're pretty confident by yourself for someone who doesn't have any demonic powers"

Jeanne "Thanks"

Jason then realised something and asked Jeanne for some privacy so he could make a phone call, Jeanne nodded and went back inside.

For the first time in two years, he feared that he could very well die tonight, and if he did, he had something he needed to do.

He got out his phone and called Gwen.

Jason "Hey.... I need to tell you something"

Gwen "What? What is it?"

Jason "In case I don't make it... I have to tell you something"

Gwen "You're talking as if you're about to die, Jason what's going on?"

Jason "Back then, what happened two years ago, I'm sorry...I'm sorry leaving everyone all alone... all I thought about was myself... I didn't realise the family I was effecting by leaving"

Gwen "I..... Jason.....I...."

Jason "I understand if you don't forg-"

Gweb "No.... I won't forgive you... because it was never your fault.... we pushed you away when you had a broken heart... that's not what family does... it was our fault if anything... I should've held onto you to tell you everything was going to be ok... I was an idiot letting you go alone.... Jason... forgive me"

Jason "Gwen......."

Gwen "And don't speak like you're about to die..... whatever you're going through, I know you'll make it to the end, that's just who are"

Jason ".....Thanks...."

Gwen "No worries, I'll always be here for you"

Jason took a big gulp.

Jason "When I get back could we.... could we try again? Us..... I made a huge mistake breaking up with you.... Gwen... you were my everything"

Gwen "Jason I.... yes.... yes I want for us to try again.... for us to be together again"

Jason "I'll see you soon then Gwen...."

Jason then put his phone away and sighed

Arcanum and Jeanne then came outside.