Lake Brienz

Prompt:

"The silence isn't so bad

'Til I look at my hands and feel sad'

Cause the spaces between my fingers

Are right where yours fit perfectly"

(Vanilla Twilight - OWL CITY)

"A very perfect weather."

Ri Jeong Hyeok described the weather while looking at the airport's sky. He's about to board a flight to Zurich to meet Seri. It's another 2 weeks for them to be together.

He will be expecting Yoon Seri to come pick him up at the airport like the routine they kept on doing in the past years. Seri always decides to be in Switzerland earlier than him because she likes to prepare the first meal they will be having together.

Ri Jeong Hyeok is very excited to see Yoon Seri. They didn't have communication when they were both in their home countries so there will be full of stories coming from both of them.

Upon arriving at the airport and finishing all the procedures he had to go through, Ri Jeong Hyeok went straight to the waiting area to look for Seri. He kept on walking and looking but he can't find her.

A car then stopped in front of him. Ri Jeong Hyeok was surprised to see who went out of the car- Yoon Seri's parents.

"Uh... Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Yoon. It's nice to see you here." Ri Jeong Hyeok greeted them but he was really curious why they are here.

"Hello, Mr. Ri, could we invite you for a coffee before going home?" Mrs. Yoon asked Jeong Hyeok.

"Sure. But, where is Yoon Seri?" He tried to peek through the tinted windows of the car but Seri isn't there.

"We'll tell you later." Mr. Yoon then said.

Ri Jeong Hyeok went inside and silence filled the air. They stopped by a café halfway near their Swiss' home and went inside.

The three of them ordered the coffee they like and proceed to a seat near the glass window.

"Mr. Ri..."

"You can call me Jeong Hyeok." He interrupted Seri's mother to drop the honorifics.

"Okay. Uhm... Jeong Hyeok, what we'll tell you is actually hard to say." Seri's mother stated.

"This is not the way we would like to tell you this. If only we could call you immediately before, we would." Mr. Yoon, who is always bland about Jeong Hyeok and Seri's relationship said this like he does care about them.

"What's happening? Is there a problem? Where is Seri?" Jeong Hyeok asked the parents of the woman he loves.

"Jeong Hyeok... Seri... Yoon Seri had a car accident 4 months ago... She's... she's gone." Seri's mother announced the news.