Caught In Reality

It's been a year since I last saw her here in Korea, during their 9th anniversary concert, and two years since she bought me my apartment in Yangcheon-gu. She really had changed, but for the better. Compared to who she was when they debuted, there was no doubt that a superstar now stood in the place of what was a mere 'visual' member.

She decided to live in Los Angeles with the rest of her group 2 years ago, which almost cost her relationship with our mom, which wasn't exactly close to begin with. But the decision was what's best for her career, so I stood by her decision, and Eomma eventually relented. Besides, she'd learned English so well that it's kind of weird hearing her speak Korean now.

My name is Kim Yeon-i, and the 10-Year famous, worldwide superstar Kim Jisoo of Blackpink is my Noona. Today, it was my task to fetch her from the airport, and because she didn't want to expose her own place in Seoul to fans who might have followed her, I'd let her freshen up in my apartment before Blackpink's special 10th anniversary event tonight.

As I was driving on the way to Incheon International Airport, I spoke my thoughts out loud.

"Damn... I wish I didn't fill up my gas tank yesterday!"

She loved to fill it up to the brim. Jisoo was–still is–really generous, almost saintly. That, coupled with the fact that she was absolutely beautiful, made my friends keep asking me to hook them up with her. This had happened since my junior high school days, but something in me automatically rejected them.

Perhaps I was too overprotective as a brother, but... It didn't seem like Jisoo was even ever interested in dating anyway. She was famous for rejecting even top male idols from the Big Five companies in K-pop, along with several actors and other celebrities. Sure, she was close friends with Jung Haein, her co-star from her Snowdrop drama, and also with Son Heungmin, the star footballer and former captain of the South Korea national football team, but... That was it. They were friends. Nothing more.

My car was entering the airport, and I drove it to the arrivals terminal. She had told me earlier that she was already done with her immigration and luggages, and she would meet me at the pickup point outside of the lobby. As I was approaching the location, I saw a huge pile of luggages coloured light blue and pastel pink on a trolley, and I immediately knew that those were hers.

I saw a slender hand waving down at me behind this mountain of heavy boxes, so I chuckled and rolled down the window as I brought my car to a stop. As soon as I did so, I heard that familiar voice.

"Ya! Come help me with these!"

Jisoo peeked out from behind the pile of suitcases, and I noticed that she was sweating a lot

Jisoo peeked out from behind the pile of suitcases, and I noticed that she was sweating a lot. I observed that she had no managers with her. Hang on. Did she lift all those luggages by herself?

"Care to help your Noona?" she asked, still with a bright smile.
"Annyeong, Noona! Sure! I'll–"

At that moment, I remembered that Jisoo was a global superstar, and she couldn't be seen out in the open for too long before people would inevitably start to notice her presence, so I hurriedly stepped out of the car while replying.