Silhouettes

Three knocks on our door startled all of us, and we threw around guesses of who it might be.

"YG found out?" Irene worried.
"Lisa or Rosé might want to join?" Jennie theorised more positively.

I looked at Jisoo. She was still staring blankly, still in a state of disbelief. Being the only man in the room, I took out a robe from the wardrobe in one of the bedrooms and wore one to cover myself, before mustering up the courage to walk over to the door, slowly turning the handle to identify our visitor.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Room service! Here's your beverage order. Please let us know if you need anything else!"

It was a hotel staff member, to my relief, with a cart full of drinks and snacks. She didn't seem to be bothered with how unkempt I looked, nor peeked inside the suite to potentially see three naked idols.

 She didn't seem to be bothered with how unkempt I looked, nor peeked inside the suite to potentially see three naked idols

"A–Ah... Oh... Kamsahamnida," I replied nervously. "I'll... I'll take the cart."
"Ne! Algaessumnida..." she said.

She bowed respectfully before leaving, and I pushed the cart inside. Jennie and Irene were already in their robes too, and I saw Jisoo pulling up a robe of her own, but her face was still unreadable. Jennie looked up as I entered the living room.

"Oh, yay! The drinks are here!" Jennie exclaimed cheerfully, then she looked at Jisoo, "Unnie! Wanna pop some champagne?"

I knew she was trying to get Jisoo to cheer up, but my sister still looked lost. She needed a second to react, and when she did, she simply shook her head.

"N–No... I'll... I'll just hang... Outside... On the balcony... I–I need some air..." she muttered.

The three of us stared at her awkwardly as she walked groggily to the glass door separating the suite from the balcony. She stepped outside, before closing the door, and I could see her sitting in one of the chairs.

Irene turned to look at Jennie, and Jennie nodded, giving her approval. The Red Velvet leader picked up a bottle of vodka and two glasses, before picking up a pack of cigarettes from her purse and walking outside, joining Jisoo.

As soon as Irene closed the glass door, Jennie sighed loudly. She walked to the cart and filled two glasses with ice cubes, before picking up a bottle of bourbon. She cracked open the lid, then poured the golden brown liquid into the two glasses. She offered me one, which I accepted. I raised my glass for a toast, but she giggled and walked over to the bedroom with her glass and bottle, beckoning me to join her. I did.

We entered one of the bedrooms and Jennie plopped herself on the bed. I sat next to her. This time, she clinked her glass against mine, and I smiled as we both started drinking. The alcohol seared my throat nicely, and it made my heart calmer.

 The alcohol seared my throat nicely, and it made my heart calmer