Epilogue: In Your Area

I stepped into the terminal building, and even though the building was fully air conditioned, I could feel the tropical warmth, which was a welcomed change for me from the cold December days of a Korean winter season.

I stretched my aching body. Six hours flight wasn't exactly the longest and flying business class helped a lot, but still, sitting in one spot for long hours had its toll on my body. The flight I took was the first flight out of Seoul that day, so six hours later it was still only around midday in my destination.

 The flight I took was the first flight out of Seoul that day, so six hours later it was still only around midday in my destination

I looked around the gigantic building I was in. Singapore Changi Airport was indeed majestically beautiful and futuristic, and Incheon International Airport paled in comparison to it. But I thought it was understandable. Singapore's airport only served international flights since the island nation didn't have any domestic flights, and as the main transit hub in Southeast Asia, they needed to make their first impression to international travelers as memorable as possible.

I passed the immigration checkpoint quickly, picked up my luggage, then entered the arrivals area. I bought myself a cup of hot coffee from a nearby coffee shop to refresh myself, and went straight to the taxi stand, hoping to get to the hotel as soon as possible. At that moment, a South Asian man dressed in an impeccable dark blue suit approached me. He bowed respectfully to me.

"Excuse me, Kim Yeoni-nim from Seoul?" he asked, in perfect Korean

"Y–Yes. That's me," I said, startled by his fluency in the language and also because I wasn't expecting anyone to greet me as soon as I stepped into this country. He smiled.
"My name is Anish Singh. I was told to give you this as soon as I meet you," he said politely.

Anish handed me a maroon envelope. A round sticker with a familiar looking 'Tw' logo held it close. I smiled. I thought I could guess who the envelope was from. I opened it and took out the paper inside it. I recognised the handwriting immediately.

'Yeoni-oppa, I hope you had a nice flight! I sent a car and a driver to take you from the airport to your hotel, courtesy of the IPG. See you tonight at the award! – Sha.'

I chuckled and made a mental note to thank Sana later. I looked up and nodded at the man. I assumed that he must be my driver.

"Alright. Let's go!" I said happily.
"Right this way, Son-nim," he said as he took my luggage and walked towards the parking lot.