Chapter 17: Blackout

You guys I just started watching

     American Horror Story and I'm completely obsessed.

°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

((MARSHALL LEE'S POV))

"F-father what are you doing?" I choked out. Fear engulfed my body and kept my feet rooted to the floor where I stood.

"I can't believe my son. My own flesh and blood would invite this traitor into my home! What were you thinking?!" My father shook Jack violently by the neck with his rock solid grip.

I tried stammering out a sentence in my defense, but all that I could manage was a fumbled mess of gibberish. My lack of words seemed to do nothing more than further enrage my father. He tightened his grip around Jack's throat and I could see his pale face turning purple from the lack of oxygen.

"Marshall. I asked you to complete one simple task. I asked you to dispose of the problem, or let me take care of it if you could not! I did not ask you to befriend the enemy! You idiot!"

My father let go of Jack and threw him aside like an old rag doll. Jack hit the wall with an astounding force and slid to the floor with a groan of agony.

I finally unfroze myself from where I was standing and rushed over to Jack's side.  But before I could reach out to him, a strong force latched onto me, flinging me backwards.

I landed flat on my ass a couple feet away from where I had been previously standing. I looked up at my father as black dots darted around my vision. My father scoweled down at me as he visibly shook with rage.

In a flash he whipped his head toward Jack, snatched the ring off his finger, and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"Do not disappoint me again son. Or you'll never see the light of day." My father snarled at me and dragged a half conscious Jack behind him.

The door slammed shut and locked behind my father. I struggled to get up as I heard his footsteps and jacks protests slowly fade in the distance.

I grabbed my head in a feeble attempt to cease the relentless pounding inside my skull. I opened my eyes, rapidly blinking, trying to will the fuzz around the edges of my vision go away.

I can't pass out. I have to get to Jack

I tried so hard to stand. I used my bedside table to hoist myself up and took a couple of shaky steps towards the door.

I can imagine I probably looked like a newborn fawn, attempting to walk for the first time. I gritted my teeth and took a few more steps and clasped the door handle in my hands.

Suddenly, I was on the floor staring up at the ceiling, too weak to move any more. That's when I let the darkness take over.

°*°**°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

"Waahhh Miki this chapter was so short!!"

Yeah I know. But I'm on my college campus waiting for my next class so this is all I could manage. I'll be splitting this chapter in two parts. So expect the next half soon, until next time.

~miki~