Chapter 5: Intruder

Yay so I'm back now with another chapter c: I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have waited so patiently for my lazy ass to update this story. Also I want to thank all the people who read it, comment, and vote. You guys make me a happy author c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((MARSHAL LEE'S POV))

As I waltzed into the library I groaned in frustration. I don't usually read, so I have forgotten how many damn books are in this room. How was I supposed to find ANYTHING about Jack Frost in here when I didn't even know where I was supposed to start looking?

I just hoped that my father was a neat freak and made sure that all of the books were in some sort of alphabetical order... Otherwise, I would be in here all day. I walked over to the bookcase that was closest to me, and decided to just work my way around until I found what I was looking for.

After a good two hours, I finally came across a book that looked like it would give me what I wanted... Some information on Jack Frost! The book was titled "The Ice Keeper", I remembered my father had referred to Frost by that title.

I took the book and sat down in one of the black leather chairs and began to thumb through the pages.

It was a pretty small book, and I assumed this was because there weren't a lot of ice keepers I knew of. I started on the first page, and read the biography on "the man in the moon". I had heard very little about him, but I knew he was the one that picked the Ice Keepers.

Basically, he is the oldest being in this world, and supposedly the strongest. He has never made an appearance on Earth, or anywhere for that matter, so no one knows what he looks like. But it is presumed that the chosen Ice Keeper can communicate with him.

I began thumbing through the next few chapters each one about the past Ice Keepers, being a total of five. Like I said, not very many considering Earth is approximately four billion years old.

Each Ice Keeper died in a tragic way, being brought back by the man in the moon, and given ice powers in order to control winter all over the world. The only way for an Ice Keeper to "pass on" is for the man in the moon to choose a different person to take their place. I skipped to the end, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the man I was looking for.

Jack Frost... I quickly submerged myself into the short chapter.

Jack was nineteen when he died and was chosen to be the next Ice Keeper. It is not said how he died, but based on the deaths of the previous Ice Keepers, I can assume it wasn't peaceful. Nothing is said about his human life, and not anything was recorded of his family. I frowned, I wasn't learning much about him, was I? I read on and learned that he has been the Ice Keeper for the past forty years. Making him only fifty-nine years old.

I smiled when I learned this. I was much older than him by far! But I still wanted to learn about him. How did he know so much about me if we had never even met before? 

I slammed the book closed in frustration and tossed it onto the desk. That book was of no use to me at all.

I leaned back in the chair and closed my eyes, calming my breathing.

"Still haven't found what you're looking for, hmm?" A deep voice asked. I sprang out of my chair and looked around the room.

There, perched on the windowsill was none other than Jack Frost with a sly smirk on his face.

"What... H-how did you..." I stumbled to form a sentence, but I was in pure shock.

"How did I get in here?" He tilted his head to the side slightly.

I only nodded in shock as he gracefully jumped off the windowsill and slowly walked over towards me.

"You know... I didn't think your father of all people would be stupid enough to think that he could kill me." He chuckled a bit and glanced at the book on the table that I had been reading.

"So you're curious about me?" His smirk grew as did my embarrassment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meeehhhh. Cliffhanger mayhaps? :3 I'm sorry I had to XD To be honest, I wanted to get caught up on season 5 of Pretty Little Liars... Don't hate me. Until next time.

~Miki~