The Fight

Erica POV:

We had almost made it out of SPYDER's base and would have if my idiot father hadn't tripped over his shoelace. We had been captured and had just escaped from our cell unnoticed by the guards. That is, until now.

"Get them!" the guard behind the post yelled. We had been sneaking behind the post since the exit was right behind it, but the noise Alexander made when he tripped over his shoe (ahh!) alerted them. 50 guards swarmed out, along with one character that made me seeth with hatred.

Joshua Hallal.

Ben leaped fearlessly at them, kicking their guns away and doing some various karate moves. For a second, I stared at him, impressed. Then Mom tapped my shoulder.

"Erica, honey, you can stare at Ben as much as you want back home. Right now we have to get out."

I blushed, hoping my classmates hadn't noticed what I did. Just my luck, they did.

"Ooh," Zoe said. "Looks like Erica's got a crush!"

"If you hadn't noticed," Mike said, "We're getting attacked by guards. And Ben's getting outnumbered. So quit talking and fight!" 

I charged at the guards, chopping one's neck so hard that I heard some bones splintering. But 5 guards took his place, and so on until I was surrounded. 

"Give up," Joshua snarled, aiming a gun at me. Suddenly, a figure shot out of nowhere and uppercut Joshua into the ceiling lights. They shattered and glass rained down on him. The figure that had saved me fought alongside me, and now that I had a closer look, I realized it was Ben.

"Looked like you needed some help," he said, smiling that cute little smile of his. Augh! I thought. I'm getting distracted! I quickly pushed those thoughts away, thanked Ben quickly, then went back to roundhouse kicking people in the face. 

Just then, a gunshot rang out. I didn't see Ben anywhere, either. My heart raced, and all fighting stopped. The crowd parted just enough for me to see Ben, lying on the ground, with a bullet hole through his heart.