Claustrophobia

P.S: You don't have to watch this song, it's only there if you want to.

"Come, children," Catherine said. "I'm afraid you'll have to go into the trunk again. We have to get back to spy school before dark."

"Why can't we just ride in the backseat?" Erica asked. Honestly, I was excited to get to ride in the trunk with Erica again as she always smelled amazing and I had a crush on her.

"Because," Catherine said patiently, "Your government's agents might spot you. You're still wanted for breaking valuable artifacts from the National Mall, including that statue of Constantin Brancusi."

"Oh, fine," Erica said, opening the false bottom on the trunk of Catherine's van and hopping in. I hopped in beside her, both of us narrowly fitting in the tight space.

"Try not to go over any bumps," I told Catherine.

"Okay," she said, gunning the engine and pulling out of the driveway of (location classified). After about five minutes of awkward silence, Erica turned to face me.

"Ben," she said, "I need to tell you something."

"Yes?" I asked.

"I have claustrophobia." If I had been focusing instead of getting distracted by her, I would have realized she was lying. She crawled through the narrow vent with me back in SPYDER's penthouse in Quintana Roo. She wouldn't have been able to do that with claustrophobia.

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"Cause we're in a cramped space."

"Why- oh. So are you going to start stressing out about how you're in such a tiny space?"

"I would if I was by myself," she said. "But if you're here, I have a way to comfort myself." Suddenly, she shifted so that she was lying on top of me (plz no dirty comments), leaned forward, put her hands on my cheeks, and pressed her lips to mine.

My first thought was, is this a dream? I pinched myself, but I didn't wake up. She was still kissing me, ever so passionately. I'm not going to go into details, but it was one of the best moments of my life. She took her hands off my cheeks and wrapped her arms around my neck, still kissing me.

Both of our eyes were closed, and suddenly, I felt the cold wind against my cheek and light hit the outside of my eyelids. Erica was still kissing me, and she continued until we heard somebody clearing their throat. 

Catherine.

"I thought I said no kissing the first time we did this," she said, grinning. Erica jumped off me and leapt out of the car, blushing.

"She said she had claustrophobia and she needed to calm herself," I said.

"Erica doesn't have claustrophobia," Catherine said, looking confused for a second. Then she smiled again. "Oh, I see what she did." Erica was still standing outside of the school, waiting for us to finish talking and still looking like a human tomato.

"What?"

"She was only faking to have claustrophobia to have an excuse to kiss you," Catherine said, smiling wider.

"I couldn't help it! He's just so cute-" Erica said, cutting herself off and looking even more embarrassed.

"And there's the reason why," Catherine said, still smiling. I walked into spy school, tailed by Erica and Catherine.

"Why is Erica looking so embarrassed?" Mike asked, meeting us as we walked in. Catherine told him the whole story, and his eyes widened.

"Just wait until the whole school hears this,"  he said, running off to spread the gossip. Erica walked into her room and slammed the door.

Soon, word got out that Erica had kissed me and I was dubbed as 'Ice Queen's Boyfriend'. I was thrilled.

"What was it like," Mike asked me one day, "her kissing you?"

"It was one of the best moments of my life," I responded truthfully.

"How long did she kiss you?"  

"Usually I would know the exact time but I was too distracted, you know, by her kissing me and stuff."

"Ah," Mike said. "But it was for the whole ride, right?"

"Most of it." Over the next three weeks, Erica kissed me one more time when we were walking outside together. (We might have been holding hands). I guess we were now officially together.