Betrayal

Ben POV:

"Erica?" I asked. "How could you?"

"No talking," Joshua growled, shoving me down the gray cement hallway. "You can talk when you get to your cell." He led me and my friends at gunpoint down the hall to where several prison cells awaited us.

They had long metal bars running vertically down the front and one door in each cell that was locked with heavy-duty padlocks. Mike and I went in the first one, Zoe and Catherine went in the second, and Jawa and Chip in the third.

"5 minutes," Joshua said, walking off. I turned to Erica, who was walking inside my cell.

"How could you betray us like this?" I asked, hurt.

"Here," Erica said, " I get the praise and attention I deserve. Back at the CIA, nobody paid me any attention except to put black marks on my record for things I didn't even do."

"But they fixed it," I said.

"Here is better," she insisted. "Why don't you come and join us?"

"Never," I said.

"But there is one bad thing about joining SPYDER," she continued.

"What is it?"

"Not being able to see you," she said. "But now, since we have you in prison, I can see you as much as I want. So basically, there is no bad thing about joining SPYDER."

"Time's up," Joshua yelled.

"Okay," Erica yelled back. She turned to me. "Looks like I have to go. But first, I have to give you something."

"Um, okay?"

She pushed me against the wall behind me, then leaned forward and pressed her lips to mine. Her hands were cradling my face gently. She kissed me for about 10 seconds before Joshua yelled again.

"What's taking you so long?"

"Um, nothing," Erica said, quickly breaking off. "Coming!" She walked out of the room, waving at me.

I didn't wave back.

"Whoa," Mike said. "Why is the evil girl always interested in you?"

"Don't ask me," I said, glaring at the direction Erica went. "For now, we just have to figure out how to get out.